of course....crook neck help!

sunket77

Songster
10 Years
May 21, 2009
Texas Hill Country!
I finally decided that if my silkies where so determined to have babies they can just set and raise their own without me taking them, I wanted to try for a specific color that hatched before but didn't make it anyway. So I left them to their whims and had 4 broodies going at the same time! So now b/c I just let them alone two hatched late and no one knows who they belong to, and of course one is a lavender that I had hoped for
love.gif

Somehow I think these two hatched on eggs that had been left after the first babies hatched (kept telling myself chickens do this on their own all the time, let them be!) So the other chick must have gotten cold in the egg or something went wrong, however it has crook neck!
Is there a possible cure for it? vitamins? splint? anything?
it also has a slight scissor beak but I think it could survive if I can fix this crook neck...
I would like to try and save it esp. since the loner lav needs a companion as I had to take it away b/c one of the mama hens pecked it so hard on it's back it was bleeding, so glad I caught it early!
So please help
hit.gif
if you can!!
bow.gif

785596529_photobucket_58980_.jpg

785596529_photobucket_58985_.jpg

here are some pics if it helps..... I also noticed something else strange, it seems to have split color like sown the middle of the little chick one side is lighter than the other...could it have been twins that merged? Is there any hope or am I going to have to cull this baby?
sad.png

I have a wry neck chick right now.. i've gave him polyvisol for the first couple days then switched over to sav-a-chick in his water.. have also added vit E with selenium.. he does fine for a few days.. then has a relapse out of the blue.. then does ok for a day or so.. and another relapse.. he is drinking on his own now (looks like he is trying to break his neck when he drinks even when he holds his fine any other time) and he eats on his own.. he is NOT growing even though he is getting wing feathers.. I think there's a lot wrong with my little guy (genetic).. so I know sooner or later I'm probably going to have to cull...

Quote:
if the selenium is a pill.. try crushing it and dissolving it in a little water.. you will only want to give them a drop of the selenium water.. no more than that
I take scissors and snip the end off the Vit E gel cap (some people just puncture it with a needle) then squeeze a drop or two on the tip of the beak to get them to take it.. sometimes it will dribble down their neck.. so just wipe it off if that happens

the selenium is supposed to help them absorb the vitamin E better.. but you can overdose them with it.. which is why i only give one drop

Back
Top Bottom