1. Sanleepepe1

Sanleepepe1 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 28, 2015
    Forum: New Member Introductions
    Thread: Sanleepep1
    Hello out there, first time user but often read here, I need to ask please for some guidance, our girl Iris is rather ill. We inherited her 9 months ago and was already not laying any more. Iris is off eating now for 4 days and sleeps a lot her poop is runny and whiteish slightly green in colour. She is sluggish and laboured breathing with eyes shut, I've had to clean her up around her bottom as you can imagine it sticks to her feathers. She just sits and looks grey around her eyes and doesn't make a sound... Poor girl is just miserable..

2. BBQJOE

BBQJOE Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    Void where prohibited.
    That sounds awful. Might have to put her down is my guess.
    If she's miserable, I don't think it's right to try and prolong it. But what do I know?

3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

Welcome to BYC! Sorry your hen is sick. Read this thread, you might find some helpful info in it.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...rgency-and-supportive-care-updated-12-28-2015

Would be helpful if you could post a picture of her.

-Kathy

4. Sanleepepe1

Dec 28, 2015
    Yes sadly have just come back from the vet were we had her put to rest, was best for her.

5. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

Sorry for your loss.

-Kathy

6. Sanleepepe1

Dec 28, 2015
    Thanks Kathy. I have learnt a great deal of various things to do with Hens from this site, people are very informative.. We are Newbies to having chooks... I

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by