Off food.

Sanleepepe1

In the Brooder
Dec 28, 2015
Forum: New Member Introductions
Thread: Sanleepep1
Hello out there, first time user but often read here, I need to ask please for some guidance, our girl Iris is rather ill. We inherited her 9 months ago and was already not laying any more. Iris is off eating now for 4 days and sleeps a lot her poop is runny and whiteish slightly green in colour. She is sluggish and laboured breathing with eyes shut, I've had to clean her up around her bottom as you can imagine it sticks to her feathers. She just sits and looks grey around her eyes and doesn't make a sound... Poor girl is just miserable..

Hello out there, first time user but often read here, I need to ask please for some guidance, our girl Iris is rather ill. We inherited her 9 months ago and was already not laying any more. Iris is off eating now for 4 days and sleeps a lot her poop is runny and whiteish slightly green in colour. She is sluggish and laboured breathing with eyes shut, I've had to clean her up around her bottom as you can imagine it sticks to her feathers. She just sits and looks grey around her eyes and doesn't make a sound... Poor girl is just miserable..
That sounds awful. Might have to put her down is my guess.
If she's miserable, I don't think it's right to try and prolong it. But what do I know?

Welcome to BYC! Sorry your hen is sick. Read this thread, you might find some helpful info in it.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...rgency-and-supportive-care-updated-12-28-2015

Would be helpful if you could post a picture of her.

-Kathy

Thanks Kathy. I have learnt a great deal of various things to do with Hens from this site, people are very informative.. We are Newbies to having chooks... I

Back
Top Bottom