Off limits areas

Ides0mar

In the Brooder
Apr 3, 2018
i know this is potentially a dumb question, but here goes anyway. Is there anyway to deter chickens from a specific area of the yard? This has been our first shot at raising chickens and the 8 of them are pretty much let out of the coop and run from about 7am until dark. The only issue at all has been their new found desire to hang out on the patio by my bedroom sliding glass door. Funny enough this is also where I happen to enjoy being in the evenings with my bride and a glad or two of adult beverages.

The ambiance is not quite the same when the first step of the evening is to need to spray off the patio due to droppings.

So, is there a way to deter them from hanging out there?

Thanks for any input

Fence. But if you buy a fence you will have to clip their wing feathers so they don’t fly over. Watch a video for instructions on how to clip a wing!

Thanks all. That’s what I suspected, but hoped there was another option. Don’t want a fence by the patio so looks like I’ll be getting the pressure washer after all

They manufacture temporary barrier fencing. Meaning it can be moved with ease and relocated with little effort. Allowing the earth to rest (grass grow back/poop wash in).
Total free range does have it's draft backs. Especially when they are allowed to access common areas.
Ducks are even worse. OMG.
START THE VIDEO AT 1:20

Back
Top Bottom