Off to work...lol

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SamG347, Aug 6, 2008.

1. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Well now that it is finally SWEET CORN season...I'm pretty muchly working every other day during the week. My buddy put out 8 acres of sweet corn this year and hires me to help pick. Me and him pick around 190 dozen at a time. Which weighs around 1500lbs. We fill up to of those BIG watermelon crates/boxes and haul it off to the local Wegmans grocery. It's really funny when we pull into to the unloading lane infront of the store because lots of people come up to ask if they can buy the corn...Nope but you can go inside and get it lol. The store goes through both of those watermelon crates and more in 2-3 days.
    That is A TON of corn...literally lol.
    Well it's off to work for me!
    [​IMG]

2. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    SamG, I would SO much rather be picking corn with you than sitting in my windowless office! Hope your day is fun!

Jen in TN

3. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    Sam, Going to pick mine out of the garden for dinner, Six ears oughta do it! LOL:D

4. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    LOL just got back...we delivered another 1500lbs of corn. They wont the same or more on Friday too.
    My arms and face are red as a lobster...should be good and tan for the start of my Junior year!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by