Off-topic Question for UK People

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Buff Hooligans, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Do you know of anybody from your country who owns a large transatlantic cruising yacht called "Blue Guitar"? It has recently anchored in my town's harbor.

On the back end it says "Blue Guitar, London", but the flag it flies is red with a small British flag in the upper corner, kind of like the flag of Bermuda.

There's been rumors in my town for years that Eric Clapton has a house here, but I'm sure that's not true.

I'm thinking that the yacht might be Justin Hayward's of the Moody Blues... One of his songs is titled "Blue Guitar". It appears that they are not touring now, so it would be holiday time for him.

Or it could just belong to an old rich guy who thinks he can play guitar...

What do you all think?

2. fullhouse

fullhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    MI
  3. AllChookUp

AllChookUp Will Shut Up for Chocolate

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    Buff Hooligans:

Is this it?:
    http://www.yachtspotter.com/ysp2_ycard.php?foo=20091029

I think it is Clapton's. He has a reference to "Blue Guitar" in a couple of songs, but not as a yacht.

I did get a chance to meet Eric and his then-wife Patti when he was committed to Hazelden for drug & alcohol rehab.

4. AllChookUp

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    LOL, fullhouse! We must have similar Google skills...[​IMG]

5. fullhouse

fullhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    MI
    Quote:LOL!

We live on a major waterway and I watch the ships sometimes! I know that site too well [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  6. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Oh my gosh, that is it! I could have taken that exact photo yesterday evening when we passed close by it in our boat. (We stopped short of yelling anything inappropriate however - you would have been proud of us.)

Thanks guys. Wait til I show my husband the Yachtspotter printout!

ALSO, for the record, that boat is now anchored in Wellfleet Harbor, about a mile from our house.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  7. AllChookUp

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    Buff -

Just an aside, Eric uses that boat down in the Carribean a lot, where he has an alcohol and drug-rehab facility on Monserrat.

8. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Well, I must say that I'm a tiny bit disappointed that it's not Justin Hayward's. My husband doesn't care for Clapton but is absolutely rabid about the Moody Blues (so am I). Justin has an awful lot of references to the sea, tides, ocean, waves, sand, etc., that makes me think he's an ocean person.

But Clapton will do, as long as he keeps touring and making my boss happy.

I'd like to post more, but the office is annoyingly demanding this morning!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by