Offense Taken?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Goat_Walker, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Ive been noticing lately how animals are treated in movies.

Does anyone ever get offended by this?
    Like In "Napoleon Dynamite" With Tina The Llama ?
    Or any other movie? Just curious to see what answers Id get.

Edited :

It just seemed when they where feeding her that she was getting fed up. I have no doubt that they have people back stage to take care of the animals and make sure they are in good hands. I saw a Youtube video the other day that involved a young Arabian horse being chased with a working chainsaw, and thats what got me thinking about others being offended after seeing the animals reaction to their movie star treatment ( during the movie )

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  2. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

With Tina the Llama I just laughed at how they were feeding the llama lasagna, or w/e it was. It's just a movie.

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I look for the disclaimer that no animals were injured or mistreated in he process of filming. Editing is magic these days!

4. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Napoleon Dynamite..... I love that movie. I think that they are plenty of people on hand to make sure the animals are taken great care of. But thats just my opinion.

5. Chick_a_dee

Chick_a_dee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Peterborough, ON
    LOL Tina the Llama.

Most of the time it is editing and what happens is not really what happens in real life.

6. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I don't really watch movies much or TV at all, but we saw something disturbing at a magic show recently. They had a chicken and a duck and pretended to switch their heads. These animals were visibly distraught as they were waving them around in the air and my kids were almost in tears and ready to run on stage and grab them away. While the animals were not "harmed" they were stressed and mistreated IMO.

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Oh my gosh that IS sad!!!! I do know that most movie studios do treat the animals well, as they are watched and investigated on a consistent basis, but I guess acts like that aren't. How sad. [​IMG]

8. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    I've worked with animal advertising agencies and my dogs have appeared in commercials, catalogs, advertisements, promotions and so forth. The laws for humane treatment of animals in those situations are very stringent. As an "animal wrangler" (which is my official title [​IMG] ) if I feel that my animals are not being treated properly I have the authority to stop the entire shoot until the SPCA arrives. As a result, everyone is very careful to be sure nothing is done that could be construed as harmful or inhumane in any way. There was only one time that I can think of when I questioned what was being done and they immediately changed how they did it - no questions asked.

9. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    I get more offended when I go to carnivals and fairs and see ponies and small horses that are obviously in distress. Or that have riders put on their backs that are way too large for them to handle.
    Or animals in the "petting zoo"

I know that this is the only way some people have to ever see a live cow, donkey, horse, duck, giraffe etc. But gods make sure that they are treated well and humanely while they are there.

As far as movies go. I walked out on the last Jet Li movie I bothered to go see. within the first few moments I was disgusted and apauled by the violence it showed towards animals. I could only imagine how the rest of the movie would be

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Melanie Griffiths(sp?) mother and this guy started a santuary after a film she made many years ago( like 20 + years ago) involving an elephant...i think in the movie they were supposed to be in africa...i cant remember the name of the movie!....does anyone know what movie i am talking about?.....and the elephant still lives in the santuary today with this same guy!....he's a bull elephant..and i guess this elephant loves this guy so much..they are really bonded...i loved hearing about this...how she didnt let the animals from her film just get passed around..and abused...she helped them out after the film...took responsibility for them....i thought that was pretty cool of her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by