Ended Official 2020 BYC Halloween Hatch-Along

Pics
All 8 of my eggs are developing. These are all from my own flocks. Three are pullet eggs from Silverudd’s Blue. Love that Roo his eyes are so amazingly black. One egg is a pullet egg from a Cream Legbar and one a CL hen. Finally found a good Roo for my CL pen. He isn’t mean and is very decent looking guy. And three eggs are Hamilton projects. Hamilton is my possibly Orpington Roo with some interesting genetics. He is bred to his daughters here to see what will happen. No idea what will hatch from them. The Silverudd’s are very dark and the shell is like rock but I see veins and I will be observing and assisting if necessary. Good luck everybody. :love

I also joined the candlers. 😛

I had 8 clear. There are maybe three eggs I can’t see into and I didn’t feel like taking them out of the trays with my luck. 😬

I don’t even know what I’m going to do with ten quail and this puts me at 43 developing.

SEE all you who had alllll the reasons not to hatch? This is how you do it. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Did our first candling yesterday (and for the first time ever, really) and here's what we think is going on: 7 veining, 3 no development and 2 too dark to tell. It's a mixed batch of farmer's market eggs, so not sure what we've got, but we're excited to see what might pop out!
I remember my first candling ever around 10 days where you're at now. Was it so exciting to see the dancing embryos, or were they too dark to see much aside from veining???

I have 92 coturnix eggs set end of day 10/12, so I think they'll pop on Halloween. I have 147 coturnix eggs set on 10/15, so those will probably pop the first week of November.

The eggs are from an impulse bid on a Myshire auction. The first set of eggs includes 20 celadon eggs, all the rest are a mixed lot, so could hatch out anything.
I was off in my count: I set 96 eggs in incubator 1, not 92. I candled last night and removed 22 clears. There was one iffy that stayed too, and 73 looked developing. 6 clears were Celadon. :hit All eggs in incubator 1 now fit on the quail rails.

I will be candling incubator 2 on Wednesday. That one should have 143 eggs. (240 received - 1 cracked = 239 total)

I remember my first candling ever around 10 days where you're at now. Was it so exciting to see the dancing embryos, or were they too dark to see much aside from veining???
It was definitely pretty cool. I felt like Indiana Jones trying to be so gentle in setting them down over the light. I didn't think I would see the bobbing embryos, but it was a pleasant surprise for sure! I'll candle again in a few days and pull the ones that don't have anything going on (womp womp).

So glad I got to participate this time around!

Did candling tonight. The results from our jumbo girls were disappointing but not surprising: 20 clears, 2 blood rings, 10 live or shell too dark to check. Much more positive news on the purchased eggs: only 2 clears and 22 good looking embryos alive and wriggling. So I’m down to 32 eggs in the brinsea now.
That's a pity. Good luck with your remaining eggs!

Did our first candling yesterday (and for the first time ever, really) and here's what we think is going on: 7 veining, 3 no development and 2 too dark to tell. It's a mixed batch of farmer's market eggs, so not sure what we've got, but we're excited to see what might pop out!
:fl

All 8 of my eggs are developing. These are all from my own flocks. Three are pullet eggs from Silverudd’s Blue. Love that Roo his eyes are so amazingly black. One egg is a pullet egg from a Cream Legbar and one a CL hen. Finally found a good Roo for my CL pen. He isn’t mean and is very decent looking guy. And three eggs are Hamilton projects. Hamilton is my possibly Orpington Roo with some interesting genetics. He is bred to his daughters here to see what will happen. No idea what will hatch from them. The Silverudd’s are very dark and the shell is like rock but I see veins and I will be observing and assisting if necessary. Good luck everybody. :love
Congratulations and good luck!

I also joined the candlers. 😛

I had 8 clear. There are maybe three eggs I can’t see into and I didn’t feel like taking them out of the trays with my luck. 😬

I don’t even know what I’m going to do with ten quail and this puts me at 43 developing.

SEE all you who had alllll the reasons not to hatch? This is how you do it. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
43, oh my. I hope you have a large brooder prepared :lol:

Back
Top Bottom