Official 2020 BYC Halloween Hatch-Along

Pics
I'm a little scared of this outcome now! Or maybe my husband should be scared of this outcome now? ;):lau I have really been loving seeing all the different eggs going in and getting feedback has been really helpful and made it so enjoyable! I was looking at Amazon and thinking "Well, next time I need a Harris Farms 360 instead of this inexpensive incubator..."
I was soooo close to buying one yesterday at TSC. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Has anyone seen this before? The chick is moving inside, but the egg looks weird is all.

Attachments

• 419DFD41-7AC4-4A73-A966-235DC300D22C.jpeg
    419DFD41-7AC4-4A73-A966-235DC300D22C.jpeg
    213.4 KB · Views: 9
I find pockets like these sometimes in shipped eggs. I do get some to hatch, and my fluid pockets like that are usually larger, so I’d feel okay about that one’s chances.
Okay, it just appeared on day 17, before that it was just like the others. Thanks for the input, it had me worried even though I saw it moving in there...

I candled eggs today (day 9) and noticed one of my eggs has a thin hairline crack in the shell. Any tips how to fix? 5 eggs came broken in my shipment, and I didn’t think to candle before setting to check for cracks. Any help is appreciated. I don’t want to lose this egg. I paid for 6 eggs, the sender was only able to collect 5, and then 1 got damaged in transit. If this one goes, I only have 3 left :(

I candled eggs today (day 9) and noticed one of my eggs has a thin hairline crack in the shell. Any tips how to fix? 5 eggs came broken in my shipment, and I didn’t think to candle before setting to check for cracks. Any help is appreciated. I don’t want to lose this egg. I paid for 6 eggs, the sender was only able to collect 5, and then 1 got damaged in transit. If this one goes, I only have 3 left :(
@CluckNDoodle healed a crack or two this year I think.

@CluckNDoodle healed a crack or two this year I think.

I actually went a little crazy this year insisting every egg deserved a chance, lol. For hair line cracks nail polish works very well. Use as little nail polish as possible because you don't want to impede the breathability of the egg. I did lose one with wax because the crack was extensive and I just had to cover too large of an area from the big crack.

Back
Top Bottom