Ended Official 2020 BYC Halloween Hatch-Along

Pics
So far?
If she is broody, no more eggs are forthcoming. Is budgie her name or is it a budgie?
it’s a budgie (parakeet) last hatch she hatched 7/7 and 5 survived. the last 2 hatched over a week after the first one which is why i think they didn’t survive. the 5 babies have been out of the nest for around 2 weeks now.

A broody hen doesn't get stressed as long as people don't harass her. She just sits tight with the occasional turning of eggs.
Just relax. They are growing and there is nothing to do now except make sure the temperature is right.
Lol! Yeah, if I could sit and watch I would probably feel better, but work, kids, youngest kid’s bday and all the other things I need to do keep pulling me away. It is the pulling me away part that is making me crazy 😜 😂

Just wanted to share, I’m done hatching for the year (finally!) with a successful hatch of the 3 hedemora eggs that developed out of 6 that arrived The rough handling with our mail carrier made me hesitant to even try but since I really wanted a few more... haha. So here they are!

Justice: (spitting image of Verity, my original bird that triggered me buying more)
View attachment 2382884

Honour:
View attachment 2382886

Mercy:
View attachment 2382889

🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳 Now hopefully I’ve wound up with one cockerel out of these guys. Haha.
If you want a cockerel you need to say “gosh I hope I don’t get stuck with any boys!” ;)

Back
Top Bottom