Ended Official 2020 BYC Halloween Hatch-Along

Pics
My little Muscovy decided to hatch early. Unfortunately the other egg died very late into incubation, so we have a one and only. Thankfully our little bantam stayed broody and, despite raising chicken chicks once before, absolutely loves her funny looking baby who has been named Trouble.

View attachment 2389573

Can't wait to see more little cuties. :pop

What a wonderful little momma hen to take in a duckie! :love I just love her!

How many are you going to keep? Also, we need pictures of the other babies, are they full grown now?
B4F163B1-F026-47B5-8085-DC9AF004F116.jpeg 23B641DE-32C6-4CAE-81C3-AF4405CF0CBC.jpeg 63E2B3FF-6174-4CCC-B0C0-53B64ABBFC67.jpeg D50AC8AA-6E38-4689-A8B3-A8C6E7A3C14E.jpeg 4B0612FB-E87A-454E-A991-9482B29C4610.jpeg
Here’s a few of everyone....the lighting is so difficult inside there....I will probably have to consider rehoming some of them (especially if they continue hatching at this rate) and so far it looks like lots of boys!!!!

I'm quite concerned about mail.
I have to mail chicks to California on Sunday.
Every news station I watched yesterday and today said it is too late to mail in election ballots because they might not get there in time to be counted. :eek:
Six days isn't enough time :eek:
What will that do to my chicks?
The reports said that right now some states have rates as low as 70% of mail arriving on time. Mostly swing states.

I'm quite concerned about mail.
I have to mail chicks to California on Sunday.
Every news station I watched yesterday and today said it is too late to mail in election ballots because they might not get there in time to be counted. :eek:
Six days isn't enough time :eek:
What will that do to my chicks?
The reports said that right now some states have rates as low as 70% of mail arriving on time. Mostly swing states.
I have not seen as many reports of chicks delayed in the mail as everything else. I have ordered both chicks and eggs during this slow mail time and been fine. (Anecdotal I know....) I was expecting to see a lot more bad shipping but I have not seen too much out of the normal with all the contacts I have that ship in meat chicks regularly.

I do notice on my Informed Delivery that things are set to take longer FROM the get go. I do see most normal shipped chicks taking up to 3 days, and express two. My eggs were slated to take 4 days but made it in three. A LETTER? My kid has done these sticker club chain letter things this summer and fall and a letter is taking TEN days sometimes within the same state. :th

I think most chickens hope a ride on a commercial jet, and that was iffy in May because of the pandemic, but now that’s not as much of an issue with more planes running. Most chicks are handled by hand and manually scanned and moved around by actual people and not machines, so I wouldn’t be overly concerned.

Back
Top Bottom