Officer (Leskin) Well I swear this is never ending post 306

Holly O

Songster
13 Years
May 1, 2009
Bergen Norway
My two previous post about my Predicament.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=186115

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=207037

And it continues....

Well two weeks ago I brought my chickens home from vacation. As after everything that has been done and said, I have no reason to believe I'm breaking the law.
In fact the officer in question has told me several things that turned out to be untrue.

Well today he was back saying I can not have the chickens, and now he will be citing me for it. (in my opinion it MALICIOUS PROSECUTION on the officers part) It's what I was hoping that will happen. Now I can challenge it, and take it to court.

I've talked to the State Attorney General, and District Attorney Offices.

I will be having the Police, and Township Supervisors investigated. I hope anyway. None of them have acted in a professional way what so ever due their position.

Any advise anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU!

Last edited:
The officer never returned with the citation. NUTS!

Hmmm wondering if I made him nervous.. Talking about reporting him for Malicious prosecution and stating I had talked with the State Attorney Generals office, and the District Attorney Generals office.

They are all aware they have Botched this whole thing up.

If you didn't take the time (and i don't blame you ...lol) I was initially told their is no ordinance against chickens. Then told their was one a week later. The next day we where called and told it would be fine, but given guide lines.

A month later The officer came by said NO! and will cite me. I talked with a lawyer and he couldn't see why I was being told this. But I took my chickens on vacation for three weeks at that time. Until I could get the knowledge I needed about the whole incident.

Well yesterday he told me I got a building permit for a storage shed and because I'm not using it for it's intended purpose I need to dismantle it by Sunday evening. WELL THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! ..lol I just so happen to be storing my Chickens in it ...lol

He also informed me he was going to call Children and youth as I have some birds in the house. Two chicks and a duck. They are unsanitary and I am putting my kids at a health risk apparently.

Ok I'm not stupid ... These birds are cleaner than and Wild bird. and I clean up after them ... DUHH!

well anyway ... he told me I will not get a permit and I did. He also kept telling me NO ONE said I could have chickens. (WRONG AGAIN)
and his newest one.....
YOUR HUSBAND DOESN'T WANT THE CHICKENS!
He originally called my husband at work yesterday and said he was going to cite us. My husband not able to keep his cool BLEW!and told him to talk to me. He was not going to deal with it.

If anything I am able to keep my cool .....lol
the whole time I was talking with him yesterday I didn't raise my voice or make any unfounded statements. In fact I told him to have a nice day when he left, in the most well mannered voice.

Officer Bumpkin raised his voice and outright lied to me.

I do hope they are sweating it!

Two questions, one, how did he know the chickens were back? Is he stalking your yard, or do you have a neighbor with a problem. And two, how the heck does he know you have chicks in your house?

I have a neighbor that Peeps in my windows and listens to every conversation we have. She is a crazy old lady.
So technically he will be charging me with suspect information as He himself did not SEE anything. Only going on what was told him.

LOL the only reason he thinks ALL the birds are in the house as they aren't is because I said to the kids the other day to bring the pets in the house, When She was home. This just proves she listens and Watches us!

Wow, this is a crazy situation. THis guy sounds like he's got it in for you. People don't have anything better to do with their lives than harrass someone who keeps chickens! What about the nuts that keep alligators, monkeys and whatever other wild animal captive. Sounds like you are dealing with some very uneducated people.

Quote:
ISN'T IT!

It's why I want this to go to court. To get people off my back!
I'm that sure that I'm not in the wrong!

Why is it people think the General public knows nothing? and is unable to find out the truth?

I may not have Graduated high school ... But I'm not unintelligent.
I've continued to learn in life! In fact I help a lot of the kids in College with their homework!
The one thing I have learned is to never take someones word about anything. I always research

Big city girl in a small time town!!

Quote:
Now that is harassment and trespassing! In no way your neighbor should be peeping in your windows and listens to every conversations.

As for the officer, take a hike and go bark up on another tree!
lol.png

Last edited:
May I suggest that you have a tape recorder handy whenever you talk to the police? You may record phone conversations as well. Might just come in handy. Take photos of the nosy biddy at your windows. Physical evidence holds a lot more credence in court.
Best of luck with this,
Carrie

Back
Top Bottom