Ended Official 2020 BYC Halloween HAL Poultry Pumpkin Eating Contest

Entry #1
PXL_20201104_191546211.jpg

Big Girl Eyeing the Pumpkin
View attachment 2400676
Okay, so when I took this picture, it was on a whim. It was the girls first pumpkin; they were having fun. For giggles, I put my phone next to one of the openings on an opposite side. The angle and glare from the sun made it hard to see my screen. I took a dozen pictures and ended up with one I liked. Easy I thought.

So I tried again today. But I had DH cut the pumpkin. The wholes didn't line up as well as the first time. There's one complication. Form that, I had too much guts in the way. Then it was overcast. So the little highlighted places weren't happening. Another problem with whole alignment was I couldn't frame the shot as well. I had extra space where I didn't need it and none where I wanted it.

In the reshoot, I took about 50 pictures before giving up. None are as interesting as the first picture with Big Girl. Funny how that happens.

Below are some pictures of the reshoot with comments. These are not for consideration. Their purpose is to show others what to expect. All pictures were taken with my android phone. Janet was my model in the reshoot.

The reach of her head is awesome, but her beak is at the edge of the frame. No space for her to gaze to.
PXL_20201108_220413042~3.jpg

This one isn't bad, but I had to let them eat most of the guts to get them in view. As a result, I lost a lot of texture and interest that I got with the picture I entered.
PXL_20201108_220430529~2.jpg

This one is shows how much the pumpkin guts blocked the view.
PXL_20201108_154230479.jpg

Okay, so when I took this picture, it was on a whim. It was the girls first pumpkin; they were having fun. For giggles, I put my phone next to one of the openings on an opposite side. The angle and glare from the sun made it hard to see my screen. I took a dozen pictures and ended up with one I liked. Easy I thought.

So I tried again today. But I had DH cut the pumpkin. The wholes didn't line up as well as the first time. There's one complication. Form that, I had too much guts in the way. Then it was overcast. So the little highlighted places weren't happening. Another problem with whole alignment was I couldn't frame the shot as well. I had extra space where I didn't need it and none where I wanted it.

In the reshoot, I took about 50 pictures before giving up. None are as interesting as the first picture with Big Girl. Funny how that happens.

Below are some pictures of the reshoot with comments. These are not for consideration. Their purpose is to show others what to expect. All pictures were taken with my android phone. Janet was my model in the reshoot.

The reach of her head is awesome, but her beak is at the edge of the frame. No space for her to gaze to.
View attachment 2404389
This one isn't bad, but I had to let them eat most of the guts to get them in view. As a result, I lost a lot of texture and interest that I got with the picture I entered.
View attachment 2404390

This one is shows how much the pumpkin guts blocked the view.
View attachment 2404392
I just love that first one :gig

Back
Top Bottom