Ended Official BYC Contest - Guess when we'll hit 22 million posts and you can win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought them from TSC a year ago so I don’t know. I was mostly concerned about the egg color of the hen. But I understand the offspring egg color will be determined by the rooster as well.

I will not be keeping the offspring so I won’t know the final color. But at least now I feel confident that even if the eggs are coming out lighter right now, that the olive color gene is there with the hens that have laid olive eggs in the past.

This year will be my last with Olive Eggers.
The only real experience I have with Olive Eggers is putting a Penedesenca rooster over a green egg laying Ameraucana hen. Her daughters laid some pretty nice olive eggs. I never tried to keep that line going nor did I keep any of the cockerels from that pairing. I didn't know places like TSC sold actual olive eggers.

The baked goods part is where it is really necessary to understand how the different ingredients interact with each other.
I don't really bake either. I don't do sweets except that I've always been addicted to pumpkin pie so I've learned how to make great pumkin pie.
I had just started to bake bread when I learned that I really shouldn't eat bread. I have to have bread for soft boiled eggs but that's the only time I eat it.

We have a TON of Buntings around here. I never knew what they were until I got on google and tried to figure it out. I see these small bright all over blue birds all the time. They are pretty. I'd like to get a book to try and see what all of the different kinds are. I know we have the normal culprits. Robins, Blue Jays, Cardinals, a couple dif kinds of Finch and then the Blue Buntings. And Crows of course. I am sure many, many, many other kinds.
Are you talking about indigo buntings? They are beautiful. I've only had one once at a feeder.
The robins never visit a feeder here.

Holy cow..... When did it happen this evening???? Screenshot_20200527-232535.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom