Ended Official BYC Contest - Guess when we'll hit 22 million posts and you can win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really lost today... I'm going to probably pull a Fort and not read every post.
Please please I beg you... if there's a piss in your pants moment to tag me.
@Kiki I just came in from outside. I was cutting the stem off of a strawberry when I noticed a movement on my mustache. I looked closer and saw a sand wasp crawling around on it. I managed to get it to crawl onto my finger. I tried to get a camera ready but when I looked away for a second to switch the lens to AF, it disappeared off of my hand. Temporary end of story, there is a sand wasp loose in my house.
Sand Wasp
full

@Kiki I just came in from outside. I was cutting the stem off of a strawberry when I noticed a movement on my mustache. I looked closer and saw a sand wasp crawling around on it. I managed to get it to crawl onto my finger. I tried to get a camera ready but when I looked away for a second to switch the lens to AF, it disappeared off of my hand. Temporary end of story, there is a sand wasp loose in my house.
Sand Wasp
full
Do sand wasps bite?

Oh yes, well.
We went in iceland with my family, with a big caravan. A low cost trip cause iceland is sooo expensive :bowGreat place. We ended the trip in Rejkiavik, the capital city, and wanted to eat at a very famous fish skewers restaurant. OH NO. we arrived and it was closed. We don't know why Google Maps didn't said it.. -_-
At 10 PM lots of restaurant were closed so...? so, we ended up in a little cute fried cod shop.
So it was the best cod i've ever eaten. It didn't taste of fish. We ate a LOT, in the caravan :gigcause they did only takeaway.
So, we went to bed thinking "oh, we'll never forget this sooo nice cod" and woke up the next morning with a TERRIBLE wave of nausea :lau
(All the family.) But, i repeat, it was the best cod ever.

So let me think other stories! :gig
Maybe it was the dosing of bacteria that made it taste so good.
I do love some good cod.
Iceland is super expensive. I've never been there but my daughter spent 3 weeks there about 20 months ago. It was cheap getting there but everything else created dramatic sticker shock.
I've traveled a lot in my life, which was more frequently when I had a job and life BC. That isn't before Christ, it is before chickens.
Every time I travelled, after they were born, I took my children with me. Whether that was around the US, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, other regions of Latin America or Europe. As weird as airfare prices are, I once took both of them to Austria skiing in the Arlberg. It was cheaper to fly there than to any ski area in the US. It was our annual father/son ski trip. I wanted to bring my daughter because she was studying German at the time. It was several weeks before he forgave me for bringing his sister.
In doing so, I created 2 travel monsters. I thought I was a world traveler but my children definitely are. I've never been to Asia but they have. My daughter travels a lot more than my son because she makes more money than he. Well, up until now.
He went to Thailand to visit his girlfriend when she was in school there and then they went to Cambodia to see the killing fields of the Khmer Rouge and they visited Angkor Wat and other Buddhist and Hindu sites.
Earlier, while still in high school, he spent a month in China, seeing remote parts of the Great Wall where tourists don't normally visit. He went to the Terra Cotta Soldiers, the Shaolin Kung Fu Monastery and countless other temples, both flying and taking busses and trains around the country.
My daughter was planning a trip to Africa. She wanted to ride camels in the desert in Morocco. That was when my son came home from Thailand and talked about the trip. She changed her plans and decided to spend 3 months in Asia starting in Thailand, then on to Laos, Cambodia and Viet Nam. She became fed up with 10-20 hour bus rides and as soon as she hit Viet Nam, she bought a motorcycle to travel the thousand miles from the south to the north for the remainder of her trip. Then she flew back to Thailand, meeting her mother there for the last two weeks to island hop their way back to Bangkok. They spent a few days at an elephant refuge preparing food for the aged toothless retired elephants and bathing them in the river. I'll find some pictures later. I have them in one of my albums.
I've been to Mexico about 20 times. My daughter has been there 25 times. I've been to Costa Rica twice (working there for two months). My daughter has been there 3 times.
I've always wanted to go to South America, mostly to visit Uruguay and ski in Argentina and Chile. Las Lenas and Portillo have been on my bucket list for over 30 years. I don't know if I will ever make it there.
My daughter went to Columbia (and not Columbia Missouri) about a year ago and then went to Peru to visit Machu Pichu via the Salcantay Route in January just before the Coronavirus lockdown. She got home just weeks before Peru shut down their border. Otherwise she would still be there.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I lost my broody machine to a coon when she was six. I did get my revenge. If I still had her, she would be sitting on guinea eggs right now.
I lost a good broody hen when she couldn't entice her chicks to go back up the ramp into the coop. Apparently she took them under the coop to sleep and a coon killed them all.
When I trap and kill a raccoon, I grill them and feed them back to the chickens, that is payback!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom