Ended Official BYC Contest: Worst Chicken Molt Pictures - Fall / Winter 2011

I am gonna make a wild guess......some sort of pigmentation/gene thing going on [like albinoism] maybe?????

Quote:
I just noticed while taking a closer look that the beak is a completely different color then the first pic!The comb and wattles are paler too, Are you sure that id the same chicken? The feathers coming in don't look to healthy but that could change after moult. If that is the same chicken then she is changing all over and not just her feathers

yes, that is the same chicken the beak changed too feathers still look the same not thick like a regular feather.
I just don't know what happened to her her sisters and brothers are normal looking even after the molt.
hu.gif

Quote:
yes, that is the same chicken the beak changed too feathers still look the same not thick like a regular feather.
I just don't know what happened to her her sisters and brothers are normal looking even after the molt.
hu.gif

I have raising chickens for years and I have never seen a chicken change that much. The white of the feathers, is very weird. I also believe that this chicken is ill. The way it is holding its tail down, is a sign that it isn't feeling too well. But I would love to see pictures as this bird grows her feathers back in.
Thanks for sharing.

Nava, how very odd...I am relatively new to raising chickens so I wouldn't even venture a guess as to what is going on. She certainly doesn't look very healthy. How is she doing?

Whooops!

I totally dropped the ball on this contest, sorry everybody!!
hide.gif
I guess that's what you get for having a contest running in the middle of a huge site conversion.
wink.png

Ok, our judges have gone through the GREAT submissions and decided two things:

1. Next year we need to have two categories: frizzles / sizzles and then everything else.
    big_smile.png
  2. The winners (yup there are two) @Keara and @zazouse

@Keara's entry
Well here's the worst I have this fall. Her name is Chuck, short for Woodchuck.

She is (or was) a speckled sussex.

PA150027.jpg

PA150030.jpg

@zazouse's entry
My 3 year old frizzle hen,she always goes threw a hard molt.
Photo taken the end of last month.
DSC00025.jpg

Quote:
Well this is the only photo i took and she is in the bright sun, here is a bit bigger photo of her.
DSC00025-2.png

woot.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom