Ended Official BYC Coop Page Contest #9

Pics
This is the first design on a coop i made in 3d. i have alot more elaborate ones this is just a teaser of how i design coops.
Screenshot_31.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_31.jpg
    Screenshot_31.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_31.jpg
    Screenshot_31.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_31.jpg
    Screenshot_31.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 4
Um not to nit-pic, but how do they get off the ramp? It looks in the CAD (or whatever the program is called) like the ramp goes right up against the end of the run and right along the sides. Looks like it's right up against them.
That is not the run. that is only the coop portion. it is attached to the legs as a support for the frame. there is no run for this coop.
using the bottom of the ramp attached to the bottom of the legs allows the use of 1x1s in the frame. it gives the legs the added support for the roof that is above the ramp.
with this style of coop there would be a fenced in area around the entire coop.

Last edited:
Glad Blooie asked. Now that I see it I like It! Roof over ramp provides shade and some bit of weather protection, ramp provides support to roof supports. Got it! Chickens come out onto ramp, look around, decide if it's a good day to venture further. :jumpy

Yes :). Now i'm building it. the design eventually turned into the pic below. The door was not as wide as i had hoped so i had to add slats next to it. the roof was here when i moved in. and the metal frame so i used that as a basis to design it. I'll post some of my other ideas when I have time. I'm still building it but getting there.
coop1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom