Ended Official BYC Mini-Contest—What's Your Hobby?

Pics

muddy75

Micro-Rancher
5 Years
Aug 17, 2018
southern indiana
My Coop
My Coop
official byc mini-contest (1).png

This is a RANDOM Winner Contest...

We want to know what you love! Whether you're lucky enough to have a hobby that pays the bills, or it's something you enjoy doing in your free time, tell us all about it! What are your creative and artistic pursuits? Do you collect something special? Did you need to buy an external hard drive to store all of the pictures you take? Share with us what hobbies you enjoy most!

It's easy to enter, just reply to this thread with up to 4 of your hobbies and you will be entered for a chance to win 1 of 5 (that's right, FIVE) BYC 2022 Calendars!

The rules:

• Four hobby entries per member. PLEASE NUMBER YOUR ENTRIES!
  • One hobby per post, please.
  • Please add a short description with your IMAGES IN YOUR POSTS, examples...
    • What is it that you love about this hobby?
    • When do you do the Hobby?
    • What sacrifices do you make to be able to practice your hobby?
    • Are you an amateur? An adept? An expert?
    • Are you lucky enough that this hobby is part of your job/income?
    • The above are just examples of how to create your post, you don´t have to talk about all of them and you can add other things if you want, those are just a few guidelines in case you don’t know how to make your post!
  1. The picture needs to have been taken by you.
  2. You cannot use a photo that won an award in another BYC sponsored contest.
  3. No overly-edited or filtered images—basic editing such as cropping and other subtle changes are allowed.
  4. No screenshots, and no watermarks, date stamps, text, etc. on the picture.
  5. ALL pictures MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
  6. Prizes are limited to one per person per contest.
  7. Open to all BYC members.
  8. All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules)
  9. Entries will be accepted until November 30th at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
Note: We will use a random number generator to select our winners for this Contest.

There will be 5 winners and each will receive a copy of the beautiful BYC 2022 Calendar!
The calendar is available to winners that reside in the United States. Winners outside the United State will be awarded a 1-month PFM.
Repurposing antiques
Comic Books
Online Auctions
Hobby Farming
Treasure Hunting
4BB7A0A7-851F-4909-94D3-BF21287116C9_jpeg.jpg
F4BDB547-8DC0-49FD-8BA4-3FA898F2488B_jpeg.jpg
3.jpg
cmom_1.png
91F8235A-121F-408E-AA66-9FBE2B9B5B2F_jpeg.jpg
Grooming​
Photography​
Baking​
Geocaching​
Scrounging​
ps_cropped_1_IMG_20190513_162130_2.png
Edit 4.JPG
20191126_095625-COLLAGE.jpg
collage_geocaching.jpg
collage_scrounging_1 (2).jpg

Check out the rest of the contests here:
Official BYC Mini-Contest Series - Win one of Fifty (50) BYC 2022 Calendars!

If you would like to purchase a beautiful BYC 2022 Calendar, see this thread:
2022 BYC Calendars are HERE!!!! Free Shipping to US Addresses!

My biggest hobby at the moment is: Renovating a house. My DD (delightful daughter and SIL ( smuck in law) bought a beautiful old house with lots of flaws. It was poorly insulated, had old pipes and electricity a very old tiny bathroom and a small kitchen. First we stripped almost everything and started to rebuild it with a help of a plumber*, electric engineer, a construction worker, a window and door men, and an expert who was teaching us how to insulate a wall with wood fiber blankets and finish it with clay. A tiler** wasn’t available so…

My DD decided that I could tile the bathroom. Right now I'm getting the bathroom ready so they can finally shower in their own house next weekend.

9F74A57F-FB6D-4EF7-A3E9-68BA8583417A.jpeg

This is me, some weeks ago. Cutting the heavy floor tiles for the bathroom floor.
And the result (so far).

0355DADE-A9DD-4A13-B8A0-5669C88DAB9A.jpeg
A027B907-834C-40DB-87B1-50A7106CFAF1.jpeg

* A real plumber comes Thursday to assemble the shower mixer, the shower and ventilation unit.

** In the Netherlands you have to wait for approximately 6 - 8 months to make an work appointment with a professional tiler.

p.s. thnx @PippinTheChicken

Last edited:
*Not an entry*

Mine would be gardening. I am definitely an amateur but greatly enjoy cool mornings pulling weeds and tending the plants.

A few pics from 2021's garden. I put up enough bell peppers, tomatoes, sweet corn and green beans to last a full year from my small garden. I also made strawberry jam and peach butter to last at least a year after having gifted a lot to friends.

Taken in July I believe. That tomato (an early girl) reached 9' tall before leaning over. The corn reached 10' at harvest time.
IMG_20210722_184804.jpg
IMG_20210625_080443.jpg
IMG_20210625_080555.jpg

Awwwww baby beans and peppers!

I have a few hobbies, seasonally based. My gardening hobby is coming to an end as our weather is approaching 30 degrees (but the kale, chives & parsley are still going strong!)

I like being outside in nature and love dirty hands lol. My mind has trouble slowing down, so the garden is a place I find peace. ❤️

1635852807189.jpeg

1635852896424.jpeg

1635852995766.jpeg

One of my hobbies is Photography. I focus mainly on Chicken Photography, though I also do car, scenery, bird, wildlife, people, birth, wedding, and newspaper.

• What is it that you love about this hobby?
I love taking pictures of my hens and looking back at them later in life. I also enjoy playing around with editing the pictures too.

• When do you do the Hobby?
Sometimes, I have certain times of the years when I do 'Photo Shoots'. An eggsample of that is Fall Photos. That's when I take certain chickens, bring them under my favorite Maple trees, and take pictures of them in the fall leaves.

• What sacrifices do you make to be able to practice your hobby?
I discovered that I was missing some good memory moments with my photography, and only was focusing on getting a good picture. Now, I try to enjoy the memories over the good pictures.

• Are you an amateur? An adept? An expert?
I'm working towards expert, though I'm not fully professional yet.

• Are you lucky enough that this hobby is part of your job/income?
No. Not yet.

A picture of Aundria for Fall Photos 2021:
IMG_3844.JPG

Back
Top Bottom