Ended Official BYC Mini-Contest - What’s Your Hobby

Pics
I am a birder, which is someone who is a little more serious about finding, identifying, documenting, and counting birds than a birdwatcher. I combine birding with bird and wildlife photography. I believe photography is a very important part of birding and bird identification. I love to go outside -- in my yard, neighborhood, or other place farther away like a park or lake -- and search for common and uncommon birds, count the species and number of individuals, and take photos of them. I lug over 6 pounds of equipment on my birding walks which can last several hours.

This is a Swainsons's Thrush I found in my yard. There were lots of them passing through my yard this fall.
View attachment 2420033

Love this. Birdwatcher too, but too lazy to do the equipment part, since my 1940's German Practica reflection camera became shutter-bound and ruined a LOT of otherwise stunning photos from Egypt, back in the 1970's. btw did you write the lyrics in your Signature Line? I'd like to borrow the ditty when I sing to my girls.

I'm new here but I have a few hobbies. I paint, sew, and cook. While I'm not great at any of them I do enjoy doing them! I'm a stay at home parent so not really much of a sacrifice other than time. It does encourage my kid to get out of a comfort zone and create. He made himself his own sleep wear this spring with a little help and showing him how to make a pattern. I wanted to start selling jelly at craft shows in April, that was my plan anyways, but we all know how this year has gone. 🤷‍♀️ Oh well always next year!

So many hobbies but my favorite is needle felting. Here is a sample of some of my work. I’m thinking I need to do a chicken. :yesss:
35DE888A-B048-4BCB-8892-6195DA5E7279.jpeg
92330615-EC69-48C3-A745-8497854F538C.jpeg
F415C93E-A14B-4163-9AFC-3C2884E2BE7B.jpeg
848741E8-750F-44A1-B333-B1F52D549546.jpeg

I enjoy illusion knitting. You cant see image, only vertical stripes, when looking straight at it. Only when approaching or passing it does the image appear. Kinda crazy, the camera pucks up some of the image than the eys do looking straight at it! Bad photo glare on these pictures. I had to make it B&W. Hard to tell in pucture that it is praying hands.
20201128_011239.jpg
20201128_011314.jpg

I enjoy illusion knitting. You cant see image, only vertical stripes, when looking straight at it. Only when approaching or passing it does the image appear. Kinda crazy, the camera pucks up some of the image than the eys do looking straight at it! Bad photo glare on these pictures. I had to make it B&W. Hard to tell in pucture that it is praying hands.
View attachment 2428134View attachment 2428133

Wow! I've never heard of illusion knitting before. Very cool!

Back
Top Bottom