Official BYC Poll: Which of These Breeds Is Your Favourite?

Which of these breeds is your favourite?

• Total voters
Pics
This is too hard to choose.
I voted for Easter Egger. They come in many colors, great personality, and you can get green or blue eggs.

for bantam size:
Sebright Bantam
They are elegant! Striking beautiful with their perfection lace pattern appearance. Their rose comb and the breed being hen feathered make them overall so sophisticated looking. They are flighty but are very independent birds. My last rooster was very protective and mean. Would dare to get at your eyes. My feet were always pecked with a bloody mess! They know how to be the boss. I put large fowl into their home. They show WHO was on the pecking order despite their size.
SAME! My friend had a sebright rooster. He was a big baby. He was very Passionate about getting the girls. I have 3 sebrights right now.

(no Dutch in the list :confused:)

I voted RIR because my coop is too small for the normal sized chickens and I only want small bantams im my garden. RIR bantams seem to be good layers and nice to have. Hope to buy a few fertile eggs this spring.

Whilst the wide array of chicken breeds from which to choose from seems virtually unlimited, there are a few breeds that enjoy better popularity than the rest. Out of the breeds represented in this poll, which one is your favourite? Note—it would be impossible to put everyone's preferred breeds in one poll, so for those Brabanter/Japanese bantam/Faverolles/Spitzhauben/etc fans among us, feel free to tell us a bit more about your underrepresented favourites or share the reason for your vote on the breeds available.

View attachment 2306500
(Check out more Official BYC Polls HERE!)
Silver Gray Dorking and Buckeye are two great breeds with fun, easy-going temperaments. - and both are endangered breeds.

The top of my list currently is my favorelles and turkens! I do prefer my sf roo over my hen as he's much more personable then her. My turken Gladys is the absolute most social bird I have , always underfoot no matter where I go. An unlikely runner-up is my australorp. I didn't realize how beautiful she would grow to be! Beetle black with large black eyes and bright red comb :love just gorgeous!

I only have experience with 6 breeds - Rhode Island Reds, Red Sexlinks, Black Australorp, Starlight Green Eggers, Plymouth Rock, and Dominique. Out of those the Black Australorp is probably my favorite. I don't know if all of them are as good-natured as the two we have, but our 2 are so sweet and loving.

Back
Top Bottom