How Long Have You Been Raising Chickens? - OLD

How Long Have You Been Raising Chickens?

• Under 6 Months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 Months - 1 Year

• 1 Year

• 2 Years

• 3 Years

• 4 Years

• 5 Years

• 6 Years

• 7 Years

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 8 Years

• 9 Years

• 10 Years

• 11 - 15 Years

• 15 - 20 Years

• Over 20 Years

• No chickens yet, but hopefully soon!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My DH got me hens 3 years ago when I had a bad cancer scare after that he had a heart attack. Our girls have helped us face so much and they make us laugh everyday!
Bertha, Gerty, Eleanor, Elly, Caroline, Isobella and Drumstick
We lost two of them Eleanor and Elly - but also got 6 chicks Betty, Mable, Big Red , Blue , Omlet and Duck/ 4 of them were roo boys and moved on - but then we rescued 3 PRO reds Florance, Agnes and Dorothy and so were up to 10 hens now! My Disabled son also has 2 now Snowball and crazy legs so we have 12 in the family!My Chicken math is improving!
lol.png

Oesdog

I was taking care of chickens since I was six years old. Had a few years chicken-less but always came back. My earliest memories are of collecting eggs every evening since my sister was scared of them and my brothers were too good to collect eggs. Weren't too good to eat them, though.

I had them growing up, got them again now that I'm married. I've had them for over a year now, and have discovered the loveliness of all kinds of different breeds! Even guinea fowl!
woot.gif

Got a dozen chicks of mixed breeds this last June when my oldest graduated from high school. One succumbed to illness, the rest are huge, fluffy and we're looking for eggs any day now. Can't believe how easy they have been!!

I just got started back in June of this year. With the help of my father in law, I transformed an old but well built shed into a coop for a few adult hens I got from a friend. Two months ago I got 7 chicks who are doing well and are currently learning what a Nor'easter is all about.
hide.gif

1+ years with my current flock and another 4-5 years overall in my life. I'm very happy to have a home where I can have them again as I love fresh eggs.

40 years raising breeds myself. My family has raised birds since the 40s. I do know something about raising poultry!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom