• Invest in New Technology

Votes: 29 10.0%
  • Increase Chicken Treats

Votes: 31 10.7%
  • Purchase/add more Chicken Toys

Votes: 46 15.8%
  • Get More Chicks/Chickens

Votes: 165 56.7%
  • Add other poultry in addition to chickens (ducks, turkey etc.)

Votes: 65 22.3%
  • Reduce Feed Costs

Votes: 51 17.5%
  • Add a New Breed/s To My Flock

Votes: 124 42.6%
  • Reduce Flock Number

Votes: 25 8.6%
  • Nothing, will keep things as is

Votes: 25 8.6%
  • Other (please elaborate in a reply below)

Votes: 28 9.6%
  • Participate in a Hatch-A-Long

Votes: 13 4.5%
  • Build NEW Coop and/or Run

Votes: 38 13.1%
  • Buy a New Coop and/or Run

Votes: 14 4.8%

• Total voters
Adding new ducks, hatching some of my own chicks and some shipped eggs of new breeds, adding some dual purpose birds to add in to my bloodline and have some freezer birds, and of course join in to any of the hatchalongs that I can. :p oh, and adding frankenchickens to try this year as well.
Frankenchicken?

I'd like to get my birds into the barn this year. I'd like to get some muscovy ducks to live in/near the garden. I'd like to hatch some brahmas. By the end of the summer I would like to have a lot of chickens to select from to keep and a lot to eat. I'll be hatching often this summer, I think!

Also making sure I can define the qualities keeper chickens need to meet. I'm day dreaming of a flock that meets our needs perfectly and I think that is totally do able this year!

Plans don't always go as planned. The nation's latest cold snap - case in point - hammered us quite harshly; humbly cleaning up and reassessment has begun.
IMG_20210226_183903081~2.jpg
Finally thawed tank enough for extraction & pressure testing...
IMG_20210226_184055536~2.jpg
Temporary plumbed...

[_] Broody start over soon
[_] edit article recently wrote with fixes for my oops's
[_] painting, exterior still needs finished, interior needs fresh limewashed*
[_] interior cleaned out for spring
[_] rat repairs
[_] meditate on modest goals & timeline for realistic completions throughout the year

Last edited:
Plans don't always go as planned. The nation's latest cold snap - case in point - hammered us quite harshly; humbly cleaning up and reassessment has begun.

[_] rat repairs
[_] meditate on modest goals & timeline for realistic completions throughout the year
Mine, is pull up a lounge chair, and watch your progress. @electrycmonk :D

View attachment 2548695
Finally thawed tank enough for extraction & pressure testing...
View attachment 2548696
Temporary plumbed...

[_] rat repairs
Looks like you're building a missile here, Monk. Planning to send a few chickens to Mars, are we?

I want to enlarge my run and get 3-5 more pullet chicks. (I want 3-4, TSC has a 4 minimum, and I might have to get 5 if I order them.) I want Blue Australorps because they are so pretty.

The run will be easier to enlarge than the coop. Not sure if hubby would agree to re-work what he spent quite some time designing and building.

If I ended up with a Blue cockerel, then my current Buff Orpington might have to go bye bye.

I'm also thinking of making a chunnel to connect with a chicken moat around part of my garden. It would be great if the chickens could help get rid of the grass that grows into the edges.

Back
Top Bottom