official hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by pamir, Nov 13, 2011.

1. pamir

pamir Out Of The Brooder

Nov 1, 2011
    I have posted a few things in the last week but this is my official hello. I am Angela and am very birdbrained! I have 4 Macaws an umbrella cockatoo (who has said for 3 or 4 yrs "Im a silly white chicken bird") and now 3 leghorns, an ancona and a sweet little feather foot bantam who is now living in our house because the rest of the flock were being mean to her. Our coop consists of a 10x10 chainlink kennel with chicken netting over the top. Inside is a hen house that is about 8x4 with a light for warmth. I have gotten 18 eggs over the last week and the ancona and bantam are not big enough to lay yet. So they are from the leghorns.
    I live in Spokane Valley Washington with my husband and (no not a typo) 10 children. I am in school full time studying to become a special education teacher.

Angela

2. Uniontown Poultry

Uniontown Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome Aboard!! (from the gang in PA) [​IMG]

3. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

[​IMG] Welcome from South Dakota! Glad you joined!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  4. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

Welcome! The first thing you are going to need to do is enlarge your coop and run. With all those kids, you are not going to have enough eggs! Let's see how my chicken math is working... twelve people, three hens each, that's 36, plus two roos...38...oh and chicks every spring, and fall, YEP you're gonna need a big coop and run! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us!

6. pamir

pamir Out Of The Brooder

Nov 1, 2011
    Quote:I live in the city so can not have roos LOL and we eat eggs mainly on the weekends only. I am sure this project will get larger in the spring but for now the girls are happy and so am I, I just got french toast made with fresh eggs and will be getting some scrambled in a minute. Heaven is providing for your family with out relying on the stores to feed you.

Angela

7. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] From North Texas [​IMG] So glad you joined us [​IMG]

8. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] Welcome [​IMG]

9. dawg53