Official Intro

busybeelee

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 17, 2010
Vancouver WA
i have been poking around for a few weeks and posted a couple of times. I never officially introduced myself.

I am very new to chickens. I decided I wanted to raise chickens for the egss and start a small backyard garden to give my children the experience of seeing where there food comes from. Living in an urban setting, this is something that tends to get lost in the shuffle.

We have a small 2 1/2 X 4 coop with a run that is about 5 1/2 x 7. In July we purchased from a local feed store (please no judging remember I am new to this). We got one GLW, one BR, one EE (yes it was sold to us as an Ameracuana) and one mottled Houdan.
Looks like we got three pullets and one cockerel. The fine people on this forum helped me determine Betsy was actually Bill. I must say, I am still holding out hope that he is a she. I still have not heard a crow. I won't hold my breath though!

I am having a blast with my chickens. I am probably a little too attached but, I am hooked! My family and I are enjoying every minute of having our chicken friends and I can't imagine that we will ever be without chickens from here on out.

I am on the forum looking around each night. I am so grateful to have it as a resource!

welcome-byc.gif
from Missouri
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom