"Official" S. Indiana Chickenstock Meeting INFO JUNE 7

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by ChickenCop, May 16, 2008.

1. ChickenCop

ChickenCop Chillin' With My Peeps

Badhbh has offered her residence as our meeting place on JUNE 7TH at 12 noon.
    Her address is 4128 GREENLEAF ROAD in SELLERSBURG, IN. Click link for directions, or PM me or her.[/url] http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=....750383&spn=0.004128,0.005665&z=17&iwloc=addr[/URL]

After several PM's back and forth to each other, here are the plan of activities for the day.

She has plenty of room for a picnic area so bring yourself a blanket or lawnchairs to be comfortable.

We will be grilling out some hot dogs so please bring a covered dish,or sodas, etc for a pot luck dinner.(we can post on this topic so we can get an idea of what everyone is planning on bringing) (were going to need cups/plates/utensils as well)

If you have items you want to trade/sell/swap bring them, be it supplies, chickens, anything related to our "hobby/trade". (you can post on here what you might be bringing to get some "free" advertising in)

ALSO--------We are going to try to have a chinese raffle, bring something to offer. A bag of scratch, a bag of layer crumbles, feeders, baby chicks, cages, even BREEDING pairs/trios, even handmade chicken outfits! (lol). (something valued about 10-20 dollars).Anything you are willing to part with will be put into the raffle. Depending on how many items we have in the raffle we will pass out tickets. You can then put your ticket in the bucket of the item you would like to win. For example if we have 10 items for the raffle you will be given 10 tickets, you can put all 10 tickets in the bucket for one item or you can put one in each bucket or even 5 in one and 5 in another. There will be no charge for the tickets as long as you bring something to offer for the raffle you get your tickets.

I spoke with Matt John (visit his website)http://www.poultrymansupply.com/ this past weekend and he carries TONS of supplies for Poultry from medications to books, leg bands,to well you name it he's probably got it. I will confirm with him this weekend to make him aware he is invited to bring his trailer of goods and make them available to sell to everyone attending. If there is something you found on his website contact him and he can bring it to the meeting (incubators or what have you)

He has planned to attend the meeting but wanted to get the "ok" to bring his supplies. So bring some money if your in need of supplies!

He is FULL of information about poultry so get your questions ready if you have any!

The rest of the afternoon we can hangout and talk CHICKEN!!!!!

(there may be some added edits to this post in the future, keep an eye on it)

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Sounds like a blast! I Sure hope I can come. It will depend mainly on the gas prices. [​IMG] IF I can come, I will have a little roo for sure. He is Polish/Faverole. Daddy was a polish, momma a Faverole. He has ...well...can we say..a "unique" look. Black and white like daddy, bearded like momma, and 6 toes! LOL
    Hmmmm, a $20 gift?? I bet I can scrounge up something! Ohhh, and a covered dish...let me think...who all is bringing " deviled eggs"???? LOL Maybe I can bring a crockpot of green beans and new potatoes. Do we need to bring our own meats? Breads? Drinks? Hopefully I will see you all there!!!!

3. ChickenCop

If all goes well hopefully everyone will get an idea of what we might still need to bring. I will bring the sodas enough for everyone.

Hopefully someone will offer to get the hot dogs, and we go from there.

I will keep an eye on this and keep a tally of who is possibly coming and what they are bringing. When it gets close to meeting date ill give a count of where things are at on folks attending and what they are bringing.[​IMG]

4. FLOWERPOT

FLOWERPOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I have a beautiful pair of Black Bantam Cochins maby a Trio, not sure yet, I will be donating to the raffle. Kelly

5. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I am really going to try and make it!

6. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    I will be bringing the Rebel...that's my foofoo camera...and taking tons of pics all day. Everyone that wants a Cd burned with the pics can let me know and I will send them one after I edit all the pictures. I'm a photographer on the side. I don't know what food yet...I love to cook so I'll have to think about that. I'm trying to decide still on what birds to bring. I might want that Polish Faverolle rooster...I am trying to get a bunch of polish. I will be bringing my husband too. He gripes about the chickens but he's the one that picks them out when we are at the feed store and he really wants ducks. LOL. Any ideas on a headcount yet? I am SO excited!

7. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    Guitartists! yeah you've gotta try to come! Everyone has to come. Carpool! Then y'all can split the gas.

8. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    LOL I wish I had someone to carpool with! LOL But I don't see that happening, unless I can convince a friend that they REALLY WANT to go too! [​IMG] I'm workin on it..... it's just that we are down to one vehicle and I can't risk a long trip. [​IMG] We shall see... If I do make it, I'll probably bring corn casserole and a gift for the raffle. I won't have any chickens to sell though [​IMG]

9. Dewey101

Dewey101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2007
    Elizabethtown,KY
    i might be there. If I did come I have a golden sebright, and a red pyle game id give up for the raffle!! I sure i can come though. sure would be nice!!!!!!!!!!!

10. ChickenCop

Looks like our count is maybe about 6 at the moment...give or take 1 or 2 .....I talked to Matt John today (poultrymansupplies.com guy) He's pretty sure he might be available to make it....Once the time gets closer Im sure he can give me a yes or a no on coming. I spent too much at the Kentuckiana Poultry show today...The wife is gonna KILL ME!!!!!!!![​IMG]

I got a bantam rooster, kinda mixed with some type of OEG, and a "mutt" cochin hen Im going to put in the raffle...EITHER WAY they are not going home with me!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by