Official Seed Exchange/swap Thread ***SIGN UP CLOSED***

Czech's_chicks

Songster
8 Years
Jul 24, 2011
Vista, CA
Disclaimer:::: This swap is not endorsed by BYC (owner, website, staff, etc.). The BYC Staff is not responsible and will not mediate if something goes "wrong" or a deal goes "bad". If you choose to participate in a swap, it is best to know who you are swapping with and not to swap more than you can afford to lose.

This is the official seed swap/exchange post. If you are interested in participating, please read the following:

This is going to be a "GRAB BAG" swap. This means all who participate will be sending in a variety of seeds that will be sent to all who participate. YOU WILL OT GET THE SAME SEEDS BACK THAT YOU SEND IN.

Once the sign up is closed, we will have a better number of how many seeds to send in. This is intended to be a fun exchange to see what we get when we open that return envelope.

Ground rules:

Seeds need to be clean and dry. Some may live in CA or other states that have strict rules on organic items being mailed into that state, so the cleaner the better.

Send in enough seeds to give to each participant. Depending on how many people we have participate, there should be a minimum of 5 seeds per person.

If 10 people participate, you will send in 5 seeds for the other 9 people. This means you will be getting 45 seeds of various fruits/veggies back.
pop.gif

Please provide sowing directions for each type of seed you send in. I will make copies of all the directions and can tape the seeds to the directions for each person.
caf.gif

Send a self addressed stamped envelope for your seeds to be returned in. When we know how many people are participating, we will know better how much postage we may each need.

OK - I think that is it. If I left anything out, let me know and I will edit this.

I'll start:

Czech's_chicks

Last edited:
I will join!

In addition to the actual seeds I will send in will be LOTS of calendula and hollyhocks in a pale pink. Both plants our chickens leave alone once we allow them to get a few leaves on them.

So far we have:

Czech's_chicks
Carols Clucks
Denasfarm

There was more interest in the asking of an exchange than in the exchange itself
sad.png

OK...here is the list now:

Czech's_chicks
Carols Clucks
Denasfarm
Amyable
clairabean
Kassaundra
Dawn419
OmAnNom

That's 8 people. Sign up will close next Sunday!! I'll edit the first post to reflect that.

I've been going through my seeds and am getting ready to dry more from my best growers!! Please make sure your seeds are dry enough so that they can arrive here by 9/1. I will privately message everyone with my address and get you return info so when it comes time to disseminate the seeds, I have everything I need to get your grab bag back to you.

Last edited:
Quote:
Lets shoot for a mail arrival date of 9/1. This will allow everyone that is just drying some seeds to get them dry enough to mail.

I'm going to thank everyone in advance who participates. I'm going to take this opportunity to use this as an educational experiment for my children, as well. Since gaining custody of City Boy's children, I've been able to introduce them to the self sufficient side of the world. This will be a social and agricultural experiment. I'.m tickled they are interested in farming and plants and vegetables

Back
Top Bottom