getaclue

Enabler
8 Years
Jun 19, 2013
Central Florida
I've been having a dickens of a time with one of the grand's laptops regarding one, and only one of her online classes. For her Art class, the pages would load, but not the text. I went nuts, clearing the browser, removing privacy options, removing browser extensions, etc. Thinking it might be a bad cookie, I removed all the cookies from the browser, knowing a new one would be put in at each, and every website visited.

I was on the right track, because there was a damaged cookie file, however, unbeknownst to me, her mother had shut off accepting all cookies. My setting is on "do not accept third party cookies". Since the computer is being used by the grands, especially the youngest, their mom decided to go in, and turn on all the safety protocols she could find. While enabling some of the safety features is a good thing, especially to protect kids, BUT enabling too many, OR all the strictest ones, can actually prevent the browser from working.

Fortunately, when looking at the scripts for the webpage, it mentioned a problem with cookies. That sent us looking at the cookie settings. That's how we found the cookie settings had been set too strict, and it wasn't allowing a new cookie file to load from the class's website. Of course, without the class's cookie, the page wouldn't load. Now, the cookie settings are correct, a new undamaged cookie file has been loaded, and all is well.

This has been driving me nuts for over a week.

FlyingNunFarm

Enabler
6 Years
May 28, 2015
Chesterland, OH
My Coop
My Coop
20211019_151933.jpg

Yea I got a roof on the run! It's all hardware cloth all the way around but I wanted them to hopefully go outside a little once the snow starts.

@21hens-incharge You are the shade cloth user? For the dog area? Does is stop snow from blowing in.

I used a left over piece of ondura roofing from the big coop for the part closest to the coop. Then did clear over the other half. I wanted them dry but wanted a little shade too. From the picture you can tell it's lacking in shade. 🤦🏻‍♀️ So I was thinking shade cloth along the outside would stop the snow and the sun but allow the run to breathe. I could get more of the clear roof panels...

I did find out I can fit 8ft long pieces of roofing in my Kia Soul.
received_484161899279147.jpeg

I put a feed bag down to protect the dash. I had to pull the passenger seat all the way forward, remove the headrest, the lean the seat all the way back. But it fit! I definitely got some weird looks in the parking lot.

21hens-incharge

BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Mar 9, 2014
Northern Colorado
View attachment 2871378
Yea I got a roof on the run! It's all hardware cloth all the way around but I wanted them to hopefully go outside a little once the snow starts.

@21hens-incharge You are the shade cloth user? For the dog area? Does is stop snow from blowing in.

I used a left over piece of ondura roofing from the big coop for the part closest to the coop. Then did clear over the other half. I wanted them dry but wanted a little shade too. From the picture you can tell it's lacking in shade. 🤦🏻‍♀️ So I was thinking shade cloth along the outside would stop the snow and the sun but allow the run to breathe. I could get more of the clear roof panels...

I did find out I can fit 8ft long pieces of roofing in my Kia Soul. View attachment 2871381
I put a feed bag down to protect the dash. I had to pull the passenger seat all the way forward, remove the headrest, the lean the seat all the way back. But it fit! I definitely got some weird looks in the parking lot.

Creative thinking!! I like it!

Shade cloth won't stop blowing rain or snow. It definitely slows it down a lot but if it's whipping wind it will make it in. By the way....shade cloth does not catch the wind like tarps or solid plastics.

If it is on a roof area it definitely catches way to much snow.

FlyingNunFarm

Enabler
6 Years
May 28, 2015
Chesterland, OH
My Coop
My Coop
In other news my neighbor won’t give it up. He has now mailed me a letter and stated I stay off his property.
So he is getting his own letter mailed that he has to sign for. Very short and to the point.
Get the wood pile off my property or I will hire someone and send you the bill. And feel free to hire a surveyor.

Again blaming me for the stress this is causing him. He started this whole thing…. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I’m not happy. This is horrible for my anxiety. I don’t know what the point of all this is. I really don’t want to have hire a lawyer. It’s 4 foot of lawn.

21hens-incharge

BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Mar 9, 2014
Northern Colorado
In other news my neighbor won’t give it up. He has now mailed me a letter and stated I stay off his property.
So he is getting his own letter mailed that he has to sign for. Very short and to the point.
Get the wood pile off my property or I will hire someone and send you the bill. And feel free to hire a surveyor.

Again blaming me for the stress this is causing him. He started this whole thing…. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I’m not happy. This is horrible for my anxiety. I don’t know what the point of all this is. I really don’t want to have hire a lawyer. It’s 4 foot of lawn.

Dang Nunny. :hugs

It sounds like he has quite the burr under his saddle.
While you don't want to have to hire a lawyer a free consultation with one may be worth the time for peace of mind.

FlyingNunFarm

Enabler
6 Years
May 28, 2015
Chesterland, OH
My Coop
My Coop
Dang Nunny. :hugs

It sounds like he has quite the burr under his saddle.
While you don't want to have to hire a lawyer a free consultation with one may be worth the time for peace of mind.
I may have too. The people across the street go to court against the neighbor behind them on Nov 1st. Maybe I’ll get their lawyers info. This is just ridiculous. I’ve spoken to the man once. And apparently I’ll never do that again. (Thats the good news)

Maybe I should get some of that invasive bamboo from Bob and plant a privacy hedge.

21hens-incharge

BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Mar 9, 2014
Northern Colorado
I may have too. The people across the street go to court against the neighbor behind them on Nov 1st. Maybe I’ll get their lawyers info. This is just ridiculous. I’ve spoken to the man once. And apparently I’ll never do that again. (Thats the good news)

Maybe I should get some of that invasive bamboo from Bob and plant a privacy hedge.

I think getting their lawyers info is a good idea.

Invasive bamboo while a fun idea might backfire. HOWEVER a privacy hedge sounds nice to me.

There are quite a few attractive and effective fast growing hedge shrubs available.

Top Bottom