Official Wild Mustang Lovers Thread

Campine Lover

Songster
9 Years
Mar 7, 2010
Moss Beach, CA
This is a thread about America's free wild spirits: the Mustang. No, not the car: the wild horse. Technically, they are called feral because they were introduced by the Spaniards exploring America long ago, but if you look deep into the eyes of an untamed Mustang, it is impossible to say that is not a free spirit. These guys are my favorite horse breed, because: 1. their spirit is like no other. 2. Once you tame them, they are your best friend forever. 3. They are not prone to lameness and other diseases. and 4. They came in any colors! 5. They are super cheap! Mustangs are federally protected by the BLM, and are maintained by them, too. Since they are protected, the public is not allowed to catch them, so overpopulation is a big problem. The BLM captures herds when they get too large and put them up in large holding pens to be adopted by appropriate buyers. Not many people want to take the time to tame a wild horse (a very rewarding expirience) , so now around 30,000 other Mustangs are waiting in holding pens to be adopted or sent to Wild Horse preserves around America. If you are looking for a steady bomb proof horse friend; a mustang is for you! Post pics and learn how you can save the free spirits of America!If you have Mustangs, want one, or just love horses this is the thread for you!

I have one.
smile.png
I'll see if I can fine some pictures of my girl... She's mean as the day is long and then some, but also my best friend.

Ive always wanted one to train..
But I have not training experience or anyone with enough knowledge
hmm.png

Want a black one myself
big_smile.png

The movie spirit makes me wanna cry everytime that horse neighs
hit.gif

Last edited:
We have 2 - I'm the one w/ the mastitis thread - we have an 18 yr old mare (she was 3 yrs old when captured by BLM), and a 5 yr old gelding. He was taken from his mom at about 4 mos old. He was very sad and bruised when I got him from the BLM sale. When they were being transported to our county from SoCal, it was 110 degrees. At some point, all the babies fell down
sad.png
in the trailer. They had to pull over and build a corral so they could be untangled, unloaded, and reloaded. All the babies were quite traumatized by the time they got to the fairgrounds. You'd never know it now - he's the most mischievious, clownish, punky horse I've ever known. A real prankster - knocks things over just to watch them fall (like tables and chairs out in the yard, the radio I listen to while gardening, etc). A real goofball
tongue.png
!

My neighbor has one. He doesn't get along well with men, but they seem to be more pushy than us girls. He has come a long way but has a long way to go still.

7205_destiny.jpg

My BLM Mustang from Nevada, Destiny. She had some issues with the first owner because they tried to treat her as a "wild horse", but when I got her at 3 1/2 years old she came along great. She is a great trail horse, a great foster mom and a loyal friend. She is built like a tank and just as wide, i feel like I'm riding a hippo when we waddles back and forth, LOL.

My friend had a BLM mustang, I never had one myself but he was a characture. He was a gelding, but was gelded LATE so he acted very 'studdy'. His name is Cowboy. Ribbons are from a Gymkana event, he was a good boy but definately a ONE person horse.. My friend and him are very bonded.

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0551-1.jpg

IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

He had the BEST feet
big_smile.png

IMG_0549.jpg

Back
Top Bottom