Officially a chicken fanatic!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by duckduck, Jun 21, 2009.

1. duckduck

duckduck In the Brooder

Sep 12, 2008
    Trussville, AL
    Ok I have been mostly just reading on the forums. I used to have call ducks (hence the "duckduck" id). These are my very first batch of chicks and I am thrilled and totally hooked! 3 are white silkies that I purchased from a fellow BYC member and the rest are from my little flock and hopefully they will be frizzles. Before the pics I do have one question...when is it safe for them to go outside? Will they get too hot? We have been having temps in the high 90's already. They would be in a shady well ventilated barn but for now they're in the house in a homemade "brooder."

Here are the 2 just hatched w/in the last 24hrs.

[​IMG]

And here's the whole crew
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OMG I just realized I have 12 yes TWELVE chickens now! The number tripled in about a week! lol

2. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    cute~

3. tomato lady

tomato lady Songster

May 18, 2009
    Eatonville, WA
    CUTE! CUTE!! CUTE!!!

You can expect that number (12) to grow. I once had just 12 -- about a month ago. Now I don't even discuss numbers when hubby is nearby, but there are 31 chickens in the coop now.......Shhhh.

4. duckduck

duckduck In the Brooder

Sep 12, 2008
    Trussville, AL
    LOL thanks guys! I'm planning on just collecting the eggs every day and enjoying the babies I have now before getting anymore. My space is limited as well so that will keep me in check....somewhat [​IMG]

5. Gonzo

Gonzo Songster

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    how sweet! Love the pics! congrats! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. gway2008

gway2008 Songster

Jun 10, 2009
    Quote:Lol, just do what I am doing... Build a bigger coop. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: