1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

Often broody Welsummer free for pickup in SF BAY AREA

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by fiddleblue, May 23, 2012.

1. fiddleblue

fiddleblue Songster

Jul 19, 2009
    Wendy would love to be a mother. She tries hard, with eggs that aren't fertile, even golf balls. No luck. She would love it if someone would give her fertile eggs or mate her to a rooster, then she might be a mother hen indeed!! She is now 1 1/2 yr old, and was added at age 6 months to an existing flock, Perhaps because she got picked on a lot she ended up often going broody. When she does lay, she produces large dark brown eggs. She is tame and handleable. She is free to a good home, available for pickup only in the Berkeley, CA area of San Francisco Bay Area.

Deborah

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  2. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Songster

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    Hello Deborah,
    Wendy is a Welsummer. Hope you can find a good home for her!

3. fiddleblue

fiddleblue Songster

Jul 19, 2009
    You're RIGHT! I was all along calling my Welsummer an Easter Egger. Thanks for correcting me. She matches the photos of Welsummers perfectly.

4. huckrorick

huckrorick Hatching

Jul 11, 2012
    I have a nice place for chickens and am looking for a few grown hens.
    If you still want to give this one a new home you can email or call me at 510-908-9152
    Huck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: