1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Often forgotten Vets...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wolfwoman, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
  2. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    OMG!

I used to do editorials on briefme.com years ago and this is one of the sites I wrote up!

I was just thinking about some of those sites.

Thanks for the link

3. xke4

xke4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2007
  4. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:That last picture brought tears to my eyes.

6. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    Quote:That last picture brought tears to my eyes.

Me too.

7. Redcatcher

Redcatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    At My Desk!
    Yes dogs and even the brave horses that were used in past battles. Not to forget them, either. Millions of them were killed.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  8. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    My sister was fortunate to be able to adopt a disabled K9 vet. It was expensive and time consuming, but he is the best dog ever!

Losing their partners is still an issue the military must address. We don't leave them behind, but they separate them with little to no warning, passing them on as if they were equipment.

Keep these dogs in your hearts. Thanks for posting. (I forgive you for making me cry.... [​IMG] )

9. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    I have WHAT in my yard? :

My sister was fortunate to be able to adopt a disabled K9 vet. It was expensive and time consuming, but he is the best dog ever!

Losing their partners is still an issue the military must address. We don't leave them behind, but they separate them with little to no warning, passing them on as if they were equipment.

Keep these dogs in your hearts. Thanks for posting. (I forgive you for making me cry.... [​IMG] )

Actually everybody and everything is equipment in the Army. Every item has a serial number. Soldiers included. They have a master list for each unit that specifies every piece of equipment. It's called a TOE. Forget what the acronym stands for. I'm sure some other vet will know.

That is a very sad thought. I'm sure the dogs get attached to their handlers just like K9 cops. It must be heartbreaking for a handler to lose a dog as well for the dog to lose their handler. Shepard's are one of my favorites.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by