1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Oh baby oh baby!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Morgan7782, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    I just got off the phone with a nice man in the modesto area who builds little log cabin style playhouses. They are full size though, 8x8 (including 24" front porch so actual structure is 8x6) door is 6' high, and he builds them to be 8' high but I am having mine made at 7' height instead. It comes with windows and shutters (I will add wire) and it comes in kit form so I can bring it through my back gate!! I am so excited... I am going down to his place this weekend to give a deposit, and get a contract signed. It should be ready in 3-4 weeks. I am so excited I can hardly sit still lol!

So I will have a 6x8 coop, 5-7 laying hens, and room for storage. I want it to be roomy in the coop for the girls in case of bad weather or who knows what [​IMG] better safe then sorry! I am so excited.. Here is the thing I am getting:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/for/2026772765.html

My building budget was 550.00 so this works out perfect. [​IMG]

2. trilyn

trilyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    OMG!! That is going to be one gorgeous coop!! [​IMG]

3. aschassberger

aschassberger Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Wow!!! I wish I'd seen this before I built mine, lol! :)

4. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

niiiice!

5. Sootsie

Sootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    wow that is so nice id love one like that. unfortunatly DS in charge of plans to use his words "I'm a joiner mum don't you dare buy one" grrrrrr didnt mention the 3 month wait till he cold have time off work to do it. [​IMG] errr I'm still waiting and my chickens are still with my daughters flock. [​IMG]

6. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    WOAH!!!! OMG! *looks in the atlanta craigslist* LOL wow u are so lucky! i would KILL for that coop!

hey did u get my survey? lol just wondering if it went through, i dont mind if you dont fill it out but did you get it in your PM's?

7. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I know exactly how you feel - that's how I was when making plans for the coop I "commissioned." Remember when it was delivered?

You're gonna be able to trick that out to a super coop! (And still have an "integration/segregation" coop for future girls!)

[​IMG]

8. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Exactly my thoughts! Plus they will have more then enough room even if I add one or two more [​IMG] The coop is only used at night and for eggs really, they are free ranging the rest of the time. But winter is coming and I want something pretty weatherproof. Those shutters are adorable aren't they?!

And yes! I remember your nifty prof. build coop being delivered! Exciting day [​IMG] [​IMG] I keep telling the girls "New big mansion soon!!" lol.

Nick, I did get the survey and filled it out and sent it, your box was full, and then I went back into sent messages to resend it and it was nowhere to be found [​IMG] sorry!

9. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Quote:EXXCCCITING! It's ok, LOL sorry about the confusion! [​IMG]

10. Chick named Lola

Chick named Lola Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Maryland
    WOWZA! I wish I saw that when I was coop shopping! That is awesome!!![​IMG] you are gonna have some happy chickens!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by