Oh Boy, Another Rescue!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ShelterGirl, Jul 25, 2011.

1. ShelterGirl

ShelterGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    I know, I know, I've already posted about Henny Penny earlier but I now must inform her followers and anyone else interested that we will be taking another in soon.

Tomorrow afternoon I am going to pick up a chicken I heard about this morning. My friend from work called me at about 10:00 and said her sister has a small backyard coop and they recently got a new hen. They kept her in an air crate within the coop so have them get used to her and when the time came to let her out, BAM. Everyone ganged up on her and they DO NOT like her. She has to give her up because she does not want her to get hurt.

What I can gather from the AWESOME breed and gender determining help of BYC members, this is a Dominique hen.

So here is a picture my friend posted earlier on her Facebook page:

[​IMG]

2. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    Good for you!Your reputation as the go-to-gal for hen adoption id growing!

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Good looking gal! Lucky you!

4. ShelterGirl

ShelterGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    Yep! My friend knew to call me first, and the shelter knows to come get me or call when they get chickens in! Soon word will spread and I'll be getting random calls, emails, and such to come help a chicken in need. [​IMG]

She's quite the pretty thing in the picture, and I can't wait to meet her tomorrow. Let's hope she is sweet!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by