Oh boy. Are these Roos?

suepop

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 30, 2014
Almost 7 weeks

Last edited:
Oh boy. That is going to suck. Got 6 pullets and one has already been recognized as a rooster. My hubby's gonna be so ticked. :)

I'm going to disagree. You can see how much comb your confirmed rooster has at this age, these have nothing compared to that. Hens grow combs, too, and those look like normal female comb development to me. They're tiny, still flesh colored with no red. I'm thinking pullets.....but feel free to post again in a month or so.

I'm going to disagree. You can see how much comb your confirmed rooster has at this age, these have nothing compared to that. Hens grow combs, too, and those look like normal female comb development to me. They're tiny, still flesh colored with no red. I'm thinking pullets.....but feel free to post again in a month or so.

I'm going with Donrae on this one. I would think there would be more red and wattles by now if they were Roos.
Edited for spell check mistake

Last edited:

This is the one I am still unsure of. Thinking she is a hen but, uncertain. We call her Eagle bc she reminds me of an eagle.

Here is Fluffle Butt. She has some feather that grow in the opposite direction on her rear. Pretty confident she is a hen.

Last red one is Specimen Two. She is starting to get some red on her forming wattle. The thing is our Roo had a red wattle and comb pretty much at 6 weeks and these kids are going on 9-10 weeks now.

And here is our roo.

Back
Top Bottom