1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Oh Boy, Chicks Here Today that were due Friday!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by PineBurrowPeeps, Jun 5, 2008.

1. :eek:

Well the postman just woke me up to tell me that my chicks from Ideal are here now! They weren't due until tomorrow morning!

Thank God my husband hadn't left for work yet or those babies would have been sitting there all day since he works a double today [​IMG]

I have 25 Cornish Rocks, 1 Bronze male Turkey, and 1 Khaki Cambell pullet coming. Here's hoping they all made it!

[​IMG]

2. reteP

reteP Out Of The Brooder

Good Luck with your Special Delivery! Lol I got my wake up call at 4:21 AM! I didnt realize they were so serious about calling "ON ARRIVAL"! [​IMG]

3. Jubaby

Jubaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    West Texas
    Congratulations! Post a picture.

4. MaryT

MaryT Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2008
    Elkton
    Can't wait to see the new arrivals!!!

5. Well here goes...

[​IMG]

The whole group...

[​IMG]

Duckling...

[​IMG]
    Turkey Poult...

[​IMG]
    Group again...

I'm planning to seperate the duckling from the group because I want to handle her a ton and get her friendly. She'll be the last addition to my duck flock and the others are pretty skittish so I want to see if I can at least get one who will come up boldly and get treats.

Who knew my future food would be so cute? Ack. It's for my own good with my first batch of meat birds that I put them in a brooder somewhere where I won't be looking at them constantly and wanting to touch and hold them.

The Turkey is cute too. Not the brightest bulb in the box if you catch my drift but cute kid...

6. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    Have you ever known a turkey who was a real whiz-bang? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. joanc

joanc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2007
    Shafer, MN
    Who knew my future food would be so cute? Ack. It's for my own good with my first batch of meat birds that I put them in a brooder somewhere where I won't be looking at them constantly and wanting to touch and hold them.

I found with meat birds they quickly lose their cuteness when they begin to grow rapidly and their personalities start to show. All my meat chicks wanted me for was to give them more food. And they're very aggressive towards their food and each other at the food trough.

Their personalities are extremely different from layers.

Good luck with raising them. Ours were delicious and worth the effort.[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  8. I found with meat birds they quickly lose their cuteness when they begin to grow rapidly and their personalities start to show. All my meat chicks wanted me for was to give them more food. And they're very aggressive towards their food and each other at the food trough.

I sure am glad to hear this... Heres hoping they look patchy and bald from growing too fast soon LOL
    Right now they barely look like Nuggets....​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by