Oh boy did we score big!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by grullablue, Jun 9, 2008.

1. grullablue

grullablue Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Madison, Wisconsin
    So just last week, after about 6 weeks "on hold" with our coop plans because of zoning issues, we're back with our original plan, something VERY unexpected, and something I'm extremely thrilled about!

And now....my husband just came home with a whole truckload of hardy plank siding and trim over the weekend. FREE! It just HAPPENS to even match our house! He says there's enough there to do our 8x12 coop, plus a couple more of similar size....ha ha ha. A friend's ex boyfriend owned a siding business, he left it all behind when they broke up late last year, he moved up north, landlord was going to toss it...(she hasn't lived there since November) so DH went and picked it up before it met up with the dumpster. It's beautiful! And gonna look great on our coop! We were hoping to work on it this weekend, but we got a ton of rain (flooding) and tornado warnings/storms....so weather didn't cooperate.

Never thought this would happen.....it's amazing how things are coming together!!

Thanks for reading!
    Angie

2. Nupine

Nupine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    Great!! My uncle tears down schools or something, so we got a bunch of nice plywood, enough to do lots of projects. It was free, except the gas to haul it down here.

3. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    Oh my goodness. That is awesome!! Congrats and don't forget to post pic's!!!

4. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    SCORE! [​IMG]

5. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Nice!!!! [​IMG]

6. grullablue

grullablue Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks! You bet I'll share pics, after all the issues we've had thus far, I'm really happy to be where I'm at now. Seems too good to be true, that's for sure! And now things are just falling right into place!

I had some nice chainlink-type panels, square, heavy duty, not your typical chainlink, and the holes are much smaller, that I got from my brother in law...thought I could use these for the run, they are 5'x8', but unfortunately although they are still quite strong, they are pretty rusty....don't look very good. With all the work we plan to put into the coop, I just don't think rusty run fencing would match very nicely with the coop, so onto another plan there..... but that's ok!

It's working great for a large pen in the barn for the girls while their coop is being built!

Angie

7. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    HOORAY for you!!! [​IMG] Don't you just love when things work out so perfectly?!?! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by