Oh Boy Found The AWOL Egg's Today PICS

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by dieselgrl48, Aug 19, 2010.

1. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Well I have been running around like a crazy person for the last few week's. [​IMG].I had gotten a couple newbie egg's in between 2 coop's.I knew my Millie Fleur's were laying a few and just caught one of my Red Pyle game hen's in 2nd coop the other day in box.Most of the 2nd coop bird's dont venture far and pretty much stay around coop under bushe's or sometime's backyard.Anyway I was getting my newbie chicks food this morn which i put in a back pen in 2nd coop.There are old storage shelves in front and back in there.I just happened to look up to a corner in front and saw one of my sebrites up there ina fluff of feathers and stuff I didn't get with cleaning beacuse it was wired in from that pen.Well I went back a couple hours later to check.I had to rip the wire off got my arms all cut up but BINGO!.There were 23 egg's!!!!!!!!!.On top of that I was taking out trash and notice a white glimmer underneath the corncrib.We use the one side for garbage holding and the other big side for some storage. One of my OEGB"s which I had been missing egg's from both hen's now for about a week was under there.I saw a couple egg's and Thought Haaaaa found ya hiding place.Well she hasnt moved I counted at least 9 or 10 egg's under her.My heartbreak is what am I going to do with the 23 I found.I only have 3 slot's open in my bator [​IMG]. Im sure most are sebrite and duckwing maybe 6 millie's and maybe a few red pyle.I may try to double stack some of the smaller ones in bator on top as I just set 15 in 2nd bator today in lockdown so dont want to try and put them in there with hatching ones and ruin the humidity trying to turn the new one's.The Big egg on top is yes a newbie from one of our 14 layers they have left 3 egg's too in last 3 days!

So I got 2 broody hen's with about all the egg's they can handle 2 bator's full and new egg's .Gaaaaaaaaaaa

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    holy cow gl with that 1, I'm sorry I have no advice for you.

3. gmendoza

gmendoza Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    I wish my oeg hens were broody like yours [​IMG]

4. wpalmisano

wpalmisano Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2010
    Connecticut
    Did you candle the eggs in your incubator? If you find a few bad ones you will have room for more. Good luck.

5. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    I can't find any of my eggs [​IMG] My kids who are younge "help"me in the am with chores and they always fly out of them and they always get out. O can't find any eggs at all I have 11 hens and no eggs in the fridge.

6. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Yep I have only had to throw out a couple non fertile egg's in WEEK's.I set about 14 or so in lockdown today every one is fertile.And I have some coming out the 21st.Not enough to cover these. Yea this first year I got the OEGB's in this color I have 2 partial blue/ black hen's they are big babie's Im sure the other hen wont be far behind trying to brood.That hen is in a BADDDDDD area.I have 2 built up portable nest boxes so will try to move her this weekend. A fox Or coon could go right under there! [​IMG].She doesn'tshow any sign's of leaving the egg's so I think can move her ok with egg's I hope.Im fridging the layer egg for DH THOUGH>I know the one I got today was fresh Im crazy like a fox now ELMER FUDD BUT HUNTIN" EGG"S!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by