1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Oh boy... i've become a mother!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by AnimalsComeFirst, Feb 8, 2012.

1. AnimalsComeFirst

AnimalsComeFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    We just got this little baby 2 days ago. Her name is Lucy and she is almost 4 months old and still goes, "cheep, cheep, cheep".
    She's a Bantam Black Australorp.... never heard of it? Neither had I until we got her!

What a cutie, she follows me everywhere, and the minute I sit down she'll jump up and settle right down on my lap. Often she will try to "preen" my feathers! :) Just a hour ago, I was outside and witnessed Lucy being pecked by Nellie.... just a small "This is MY food." peck.... and where did the little hen go? Running right over to her "mama"! (Mama, being me.) She scurried between my legs and looking up at my face, started cheeping. I sat down and she went right under my legs and started to fall asleep.

I've never had a baby chicken before, so this was quite a surprise! I was expecting that she would make one of the other hens her "momma", Haha!

Jumping on my lap
    [​IMG]
    Examining my hand
    [​IMG]
    Laying in my lap
    [​IMG]

2. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    I have 2 Black Australorps and they are so sweet, just getting to laying age and squatting like good little girls! Enjoy your Lucy - they are so pretty with their shiny black feathers with a touch of green!

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

She is going to be gorgeous when she's grown! Lucky you!

4. AnimalsComeFirst

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    Yes, the feathers are beautiful!

Can't wait! :D

5. abbey808

abbey808 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Hawaii
    Awww... she is beautiful!! She has such a sweet little face. I can tell that she totally adores you. Thanks for sharing pics of your little girl... [​IMG]

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I love the cheep-cheep stage. So trusting....

7. AnimalsComeFirst

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    Thank you! :)

I know - I love it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by