Oh boy oh boy oh BANTAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Solsken Farm, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

So, like so many here, I keep collecting chickens. I went from three free Bantam chicks that came with our goats 6 weeks ago, to adding 7 mutts from a local gal to adding 2 Orps, 2 Red Stars, and 2 Ameraucanas. Now tomorrow, I get to go pick up a small flock of gorgeous Bantams! 2 roos and 5 hens.

I will post pics of my new babies if you will show me yours!

My poor DH. He built me a small coop for the original 3 bantams on mother's day. Now he has to spend Father's day building another one, that will be HUGE![​IMG]

I am so excited! I don't have to wait 3 more months for eggs and crowing![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2008
  2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Here's my Charli and Roxie [​IMG] My two favorite bantams....oh and I can't forget Korben [​IMG] He is a SWEETHEART!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  3. Solsken Farm

Ok. They are adorable!!!!!!!!! They have especially nice linens to perch on. Are they potty trained?[​IMG]

Your artwork is amazing BTW.

Korben is precious. [​IMG] What is he/she?

And our two bantams look like your Roxie. Is she OE or Mille Fleur? And Charlie looks darn sweet. He is a silkie, right?

Keep the Bantays coming. And what do you all do with them? Do they eat skeeters? Because my poor horses are being eaten alive already. As are we.[​IMG]

4. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Thanx [​IMG] Charli is a black Silkie, Roxie is a Mille Fleur d'Uccle and Korben is a Self-blue d'Uccle [​IMG]

I don't know how efficient they would be at eating skeeters... except for those little Old English Games... I have a feeling they would be very suited for the job [​IMG] They fly around so much more than my other chickens and are a little more "wild"... and cute to boot! [​IMG] Mine is only a couple weeks old... but I can tell already how much personality and wildness it has! LOL
    My Sebright is a very good little flier as well.

No..LMAO, they're definitely NOT pottytrained [​IMG] Normally they only get to roam the kitchen and/or diningroom because the floors are easy to clean.

5. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

(for your horses, rub or spray Avon's Skin So Soft on or use garlic oil, yarrow, stinkweed (worm wood) and if you can, labrador tea in a base of bee wax or cooking oil and all the bugs will leave the them alone!) Will post pics of my bantams later today, off to work;) OH! 10 bantam D'Uccle eggs in the 'bator due to hatch on the 14th!!!! All feel heavy...fingers and good luck, especially beginner's luck, don't fail me now!!! Cheryl

6. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    I vote Korben is a silkie cross.

7. Solsken Farm

Where are all the pictures of your Bantams, people????

I am still waiting to go pick up my new flock. Now the person cannot have me come until Sunday. [​IMG]

I have no patience......

No pics, no chicks....geeesh.[​IMG]

8. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

I will post pics of our chicks, mind you, our isn't DH, but a pal who is letting me raise her 7 blue bantam cochins and I can have the pick of 3. I love chicks, can't wait to see how they grow! I have a blue Americauna and love the "blue"s.
    Have a great time with your babies!!!! Better then the 20 years you put in on kids! (actually its the rest of your life, your only commited for short term with this 2 footed bunch!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by