Oh, boy.. Pray I don't have a panic attack..

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by MrsKemmerlin, Aug 7, 2013.

1. MrsKemmerlin

MrsKemmerlin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2011
    Round O, SC
    So I've worked at the same physicians office since I was 17 & finishing out my last year in high school - I've done everything there shy of doing procedures & drawing blood (I'm in administration, but am the go to person for what seems to be for everything)! I've been there through graduation, engagement, marriage, pregnancy, my daughter growing, first home - literally everything! And I love it and love everyone there... But... I live an hour and a half away in our wonderful home. I've been traveling back and forth for a year now & have looked here and there for jobs closer to home, but never really saw anything that would benefit our family making the transition. Until now. There is a job opening 15 minutes from home, my daughters daycare AND school are smack dab in the middle AND it is more money - which we are WAY in need of. And.. They called me today! And.. I have an interview on Friday! And.. I'M FREAKING OUT! I literally have had ONE interview, ever! I'm so worried I will mess this up because we REALLY need this. I pretty much spend a whole paycheck in gas each month & it is awful on us. AHHHHH! I've been praying about the job & know it will happen if it is meant to, but good gracious. DH is so supportive, but he knows I'm freaking out about the whole interviewing thing so he is trying not to get too into the subject in fear of stressing me out even more.. I guess I'm just looking for prayers.. For my sanity and success.. and not to mention I clearly needed to get that off my chest, haha! :D Like I said - Oh, boy...

2. iheartnh

iheartnh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2013
    Derry, NH
    Breathe!!!!! You are completely right that if you are meant to have this job, you will have it. I understand your anxiety, though - lack of interview experience can be nerve-wracking. But, the potential employer obviously knows your work history and can figure out that you are a fish out of water during the interview. I say let that work to your advantage - tell him/her at the beginning that you're nervous because interviewing is so foreign to you. Look to see if the interviewer is reassuring or tries to make you more comfortable - those are good signs about the office culture, and how much they value the person vs. the skills. Remember - you love where you are, so I assume they treat you well - you would like to be treated well at your new place, too, and the first clue to that is how you are received during an interview.

You'll do great!

3. MrsKemmerlin

Feb 14, 2011
    Round O, SC
    iheartnh, I never thought about it in that light :) Thank you so for your reassuring words & the encouragement! I've just GOT to get some of this spaz out of my brain before Friday, hahaha!

4. iheartnh

Apr 11, 2013
    Derry, NH
    Well, you've got plenty of time to de-spaz [​IMG].

In all seriousness, I was a department manager for a decade and probably have conducted over 100 interviews, and I would have been thrilled to find an applicant who had been dedicated to one employer as long as you have - loyalty is a long-gone trait in today's workforce!

5. MrsKemmerlin

Feb 14, 2011
    Round O, SC
    You have no idea the comfort your simple words have provided! Thank you so much :)

6. iheartnh

Apr 11, 2013
    Derry, NH
    Glad I could help!

7. chickensnewtome

chickensnewtome Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2013
    Little town in Arkansas
    Good Luck. I am definitely praying and with God behind you, Everything will go fine. Take a deep breath, thank God for this awesome oppurtunity and go for it! Let us know how it goes!

8. Cluky

Cluky Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2012
    Chicago
    So the best thing you can do it calm dawn. yes easier said then done. But if you say to yourself that you love the job you are at now, but this would be step up, and the worst thing that can happen you will stay at the job you love...you should be ok. GOOD LUCK!

9. MrsKemmerlin

Feb 14, 2011
    Round O, SC
    Thank you for the prayers and comfort! I am trying to tone it down a few notches.. I feel great about it now, but I know my crazy nerves will get me in the morning! ..And a bad point for my nerves, it is a state job, so it could take weeks to months before hearing a single word! But I'm focusing in the good :) And not making myself look like a crazy person because I'm freaking out on the inside, hahaha!

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    You are a worthy employee - just know that as you go to your interview tomorrow. Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by