1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

OH Brother!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Sherry, May 24, 2007.

1. Sherry

Sherry Songster

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    So I know I have one roo at 14 weeks old. I am treated to a serenade at 7 every morning.
    I also have 4 10 week old chicks. This morning my solo serenade turned into a trio. Evidently 2 of the 4 10 week old "pullets" are verrrrry squeaky boys![​IMG]

2. Uh oh, well now what are you going to do.
    Ive got 5x 4week olds and hope they are all hens.
    Have you raised roos before?

3. Sherry

Sherry Songster

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    I'd not been around chickens since I was a kid. So this is like a gift. You open it and you have chicks. A few weeks later you get to find out what you really got. [​IMG]

There is a fellow around here that raises chickens. I bought 3 red star pullets from him. He has a gaurantee of sorts, if your pullets turn out to be roos he'll take them back and replace with pullets. Pretty good deal huh?

Anyway, to make a short story long [​IMG], I asked him if he'd be interested in any extra roos and he said sure, he'd take them. Plus, my dad is 76 and he loves roosters. I think he'd like to have one (to sit at the picnic table with him), but I think he's afraid Mom won't let him. [​IMG] I'll just take it up with a bag of feed and let it loose one day. He'll love it and Mom can't make me take back what I can't catch right?

I think would make a dandy Father's day gift.

Last edited: May 24, 2007
  4. Thats a neat idea, I hope the other one finds a home too, any others out there that need a unique daddys day gift?Call Sherry!!!!

5. chickenmomva

chickenmomva In the Brooder

Mar 15, 2007
    Northern Neck,VA
    I agree ..........you can just say oh well ..........you can catch him!!!!!!!

6. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Works for me! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: