1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Oh Buster, here is my Black Orp Cockeral and some cousins.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by BamaChicken, Jun 7, 2008.

1. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Here are two Black Cockeral I hatched first week of FEB this year. I sold one as I had three and seeing how these turn out. I am happy so far.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here are some blue pullets with great lacing. They range 12 to 16 weeks in age.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here is BAMA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    3 Week Old[​IMG]

8 Week Old Splash cockeral[​IMG]

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Nice! [​IMG]

3. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Thanks for the pics BamaChicken! I can't wait for this guy to get older and bigger- I really don't have to though because he looks bigger every time I look at him. [​IMG]

I can't wait to try to hatch some eggs from your birds later this year. I love the lacing on those blues. This cockerel and the splash one will definitely need some girlfriends.

4. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Oh, I forgot Blue Boy who was strolling in the yard today taking care of things. His wattles are to large and wrong eye color but we just love him. He makes pretty babies. If you notice the wattles and Comb on BAMA they are very good except beat up looking from sparing through the fence and he accidentally got out a few days back and him and Blue Boy tangled.
    [​IMG]

5. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I love the look of Bue Boy too. I can't wait to have some! Bama is really nice too. I think I'm green with envy.

6. Shrader

Shrader Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Great pics, Bama!

7. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Blue Boy is one Handsome Rooster...

8. Yogiman

Yogiman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    South Louisiana
    Ms. Julie,
    I have the 4 monsters that I hatched from you black pen 2 weeks ago. Do you have a pic of the parents that you could post? These chicks are huge at 2 weeks and I can't fill them up. They eat 24/7 non-stop. I am so proud of them too. They are some really fine chicks.

9. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Wow Julie they are beautiful!

10. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Roger, of course blue Boy is the granddad but here are a few of the black hens and the black Cock. I sold the Cock last week as I have some new larger black ones coming off. Hew was beautiful and very typey
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Recently had some hatch and their were a few that were 2 inches taller than the rest at 4 weeks. They were out growing their feathers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by