1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Oh, COME ON!! STOP RAINING!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Brelansmama, May 6, 2009.

1. Brelansmama

Brelansmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    McMinnville, Oregon
    SO I put my chicks in their coop a week ago, on a sunny, warm, Oregon spring day.......it started raining the next day, AND HASN'T STOPPED!!! My poor birds!
    The have access to the coop, and half their run sheltered from the rain, but, I feel so bad for them! The were always warm and dry in the brooder, then..KABLAM! MUD and RAIN!

And, I want to work more on the run, putting a permanent roof on it, and I want to plant more flowers, and hang clothes on the line, and let my caged 3 yr old outside to play in the sun, and.......
    I am a true Oregonian, and normally LOVE the rain, but I have stuff to DO!!!

Okay, I feel a little better...

2. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    I would [​IMG] some rain, will you point it in the right direction!?!?!!? I've been out watering our new plantings for the past few weeks and it's a 2hour minimum job that needs done about 2-3 times a week with no rain! Soo I'm doing the rain dance, and if you'll stop your dancing maybe I'll get some!! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  3. FLOWERPOT

FLOWERPOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I would love to send the rain your way too!
    I have had enough!
    Im sick of the muddy mess. The ducks and geese love it but the poor chickens look like drowned rats!

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Now you may understand why those of us in the middle of the country have been griping so loudly.
    I saw sunshine today and it scared me. [​IMG]

5. PQ

PQ Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    Platina, Ca.
    I do curse the mud but still praying for more rain after losing so much of our lives to fires 3 years in a row... so go ahead send it my way I've got mud boots! And I have not melted yet! [​IMG]

6. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    I am also sick of the rain.... mind you it doesn't do much else here in the UK......

7. Brelansmama

Brelansmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    McMinnville, Oregon
    Quote:The rain here in Oregon has (in my opinion) gotten lighter over the past 10-15 years, but I am starting to re-think that theory, and agree with English Chick!
    It doesn't seem to be doing anything else here at the moment either!

8. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

You can have all the rain you want from here! I am sick of it! It has been raining for days and days, I forget what that big shiny, warm, yellow thing is...what is it called again?? [​IMG]

9. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    All it has done in the south is storm. Tornado and thunderstorm WARNINGS everyday. We need the rain but this is ridiculous. Enough is enough. Whats a girl suppose to do?

10. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Please send some this way. We love rain in Australia cause we hardly ever see it [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by