Oh, come on! :/

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Nicole01, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    When you drop eggs on the table while admiring your new fresh eggs from your first flock and newly laying pullets... The eggs crack and break.[​IMG]

We just started our 4th layer(dark brahma) and we don't quite have enough eggs yet to keep up with the demand for our family of 5. Every egg that is laid is quite valuable! So....

Becareful and don't drop your eggs![​IMG]

2. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Even when we are overrun with eggs, I still feel guilty when I drop one which I admit is waaaaay to often! [​IMG]

3. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] Just wait. The smashed egg in the pocket isn't far off! [​IMG]

4. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Quote:[​IMG] I'm sure I will accidentally stick an egg or two in the pockets with winter just around the corner.

5. citychickx6

citychickx6 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Loveland
    [​IMG]
    Planning ahead. I have 2 egg baskets, one in the coop and one in the kitchen.

Please dear hens begin laying as I am getting tired of dusting the egg baskets. [​IMG]

6. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    I have a dog that when she hears the crack of an egg comes running like a frieght train, better not be between her and the egg crack sound or you will be picking yourself off the floor wondering what just happened!!!! [​IMG] This means in our house NO cracked egg goes to waste, EVER, if Sasha has anything to say about it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by