oh crap i need help fast

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Jennings Gamefowl, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Jennings Gamefowl

Jennings Gamefowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    CORDOVA,SOUTH CAROLINA
    had a game hen start hatching eggs today.. i went to check on them and it seems that one chick had trouble getting out. so i help it get out... i pulled some of the egg shell off and broke the sack.. then instead of putting it back in with its mother i put it in my brooder box which is already warm in it cause i just put my other chicks out in the coop... i got it on a newpaper directly under the light.... is it going to be ok??? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    I think it will be fine. Put it on some paper towels, newspaper is too slippery! Good luck![​IMG]

3. Jennings Gamefowl

Jennings Gamefowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    CORDOVA,SOUTH CAROLINA
    ok it hasnt moved very much though only lifts its head every now and then...

4. chicklady63

chicklady63 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2009
    It's probably really tired from the extra struggle to hatch. Even without extra difficulties they are tired and rest a lot after hatching, at least mine do. Some are a little more energetic, but maybe you have a little pullet there. [​IMG] Give her time to rest up and I'm sure all will be well.
    Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by