Oh Crap

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ErikaSmit, Dec 14, 2011.

1. ErikaSmit

ErikaSmit Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2011
    Schererville, IN
    What do I do???? & why do they go that far?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  2. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    okay. perhaps the note was left when you werent home. yes i would call and offer some fresh eggs. (those for free).
    I dunno. do you have alot of roosters making alot of noise.

3. RedIII

RedIII Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    Tooele, Utah
    They're just letting you know that they need to talk to you, which I think is much more respectful that doing something like mistreating your animals, or worse. It's okay, just call them up and introduce yourself, then politely ask about the note and see what the problem is and what can be done about it. You'll be okay [​IMG]

4. ErikaSmit

ErikaSmit Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2011
    Schererville, IN
    I don't know if it's the roosters... But I know they travl that way. I'm worried about him just wanting to vent or if there was damage.

5. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    maybe thats it. your chickens are getting onto his property and he doesnt care for it. Put fencing (if you can) around your property.

6. Avonlea22

Avonlea22 Jessamine Cottage

Aug 27, 2011
    The only way to find out is to call. Be prepared for different scenarios, and offer eggs! I give that person credit for at least trying to notify you before the police, animal control or an HOA (if you have one).

7. marty8587

marty8587 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    At least they came to you first. I hate the ones that call the county then you!!

8. KrisH

KrisH Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree, call and find out. But might I suggest whiting out the name and phone number before you post it for the ENTIRE world to see?

Robert H

9. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    Coming to you first is actually a considerate action. Give him a call and find out what is going on. If you are at fault for the problem, apologize and assure him that you will fix it. And then fix it.

If the issue is not your fault, then you have no worries. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  10. Gomes Bantams

Gomes Bantams Chillin' With My Peeps

If you live in the country they can't say stuff about your chickens.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by