Oh, CRAPola! *Hot-Flashes*

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by ScoobyRoo, Oct 15, 2009.

1. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    It has been happening a bit lately. Once a day and definitely in the middle of the night! I was sweating so bad it woke me up at 2:00 in the morning. I just wanna sleep for crying out loud! [​IMG] Must be that phase in my life, huh?!?

2. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    Ack!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  3. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    Sorry, i thought you were someone else, who is a young MAN! [​IMG]

4. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    It might be.... Get your levels checked.....Also, change to cotton sheets and a fan!!!! Winter is here! Open the windows and love it!!!!

If there is a significant other, buy him snuggle wear as it's open window season....Smile.....

5. chickinlickin

chickinlickin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    Ohio
    My poor wife is going through it, too....Used to be she was never warm enough....wore flannels all year round....now I wake up with all the covers on top of me [​IMG]....she throws em off her and on to me. She called me a wimp cause I finally turned the furnace on...heck it was 61 degrees in here this morning!

6. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    so when does this kick in?? i am wondering since i will be 35 soon!

7. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    My Mother was here last week and asked if I wanted flannel sheets for the bed. I said no-way. too hot!! I'm usually the one getting cold And I have 3, yes, 3 heated corn bags in the bed with me. Not now. It's too hot for that. DH is comfy. Furnace is not on yet. It is cool in here. I had a hot flash come over me during football pictures. Just about fell over. I hope this doesn't last long.[​IMG]

E4S, That is OK. Henry is our last name. A lot of people mistake it for the first name. [​IMG]

8. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

I started menopause just after turning 40 and that was my first clue. Told the doctor I thought my spine had turned to ice and someone set it on fire that went all the way up to my brain. Asked Gram who was 88 at the time when the hot flashes were going to go away and she said "do they go away? I'm still waiting." (sigh)

9. Dragonfly Ranch

Dragonfly Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2009
    Happy Valley, CA
    I KNOW exactly what you are going through. Poor husband would be freezing to death and I'm laying on top of the covers, without apparel and still complaining that the 40 degree bedroom was too hot. [​IMG]

You know when you see a woman at the grocery store with her head in the freezer box that she is probably having a hot flash. [​IMG]

We should start a thread for "hot flash" tips and see what others do. I solved the problem by begging my doctor for a 1/2mg of hormone replacement.

Good Luck - Sandee

10. chickinlickin

chickinlickin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:dw is almost 48 and has been dealing with this for maybe a couple years.

Henry'schickens wrote:

....asked if I wanted flannel sheets for the bed. I said no-way. too hot!!

I love flannel sheets in the winter...but we have to leave a window open to use em [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by