Oh Cyn...babies crowing LOL

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by hinkjc, Feb 17, 2008.

1. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    You really started something here with the crowing babies. I've got a 6 day old white araucana who has declared himself. Crowing since yesterday and actually getting pretty good at it. Every time I go in and talk to the chicks, he belts one out. [​IMG] It is just the cutest thing. On a positive note..he's a tufted rumpless and I was hoping to grow out another cockerel, so I am encouraged by this little hatch. [​IMG]

Jody

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Whoa, what's with all the early crowers this hatching season? That's wild! Glad it's one you wanted to be a "he"!

3. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

That is nice when they crow early, you can cull or keep it now that it gave its self away.. [​IMG]

4. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Hijack- Is that a dancing ferret, Wilds? Cute!

5. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Yes, it sure is...he's a goof. [​IMG]

6. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Boy, Im pretty encouraged then. Of the very first 5 that I have hatched from Jody's aussies and aracaunas, I havent heard a peep out of them at 15 days! Of course the only thing they've heard around here is barking, so if one of them starts to bark, I know Im in trouble.

7. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

That is way too cute, Hink!!! I'll bet that one is going to be quite a character!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by