Oh dear, I think we have a House Rooster now! with pics!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Kimchi, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Kimchi

Kimchi Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2010
    Utah
    Well, A few days ago the neighbors complained about Mr. Rooster, a barred cochin bantam rooster. So we said that we would keep him inside in a box until we know what to do with him. re-home him, you know? So he doesn't bother the neighbors.
    A walked in yesterday, and there he was. On my bed. Sitting on my squishy pink pillow. What the heck? How did he get out of the box with two puppy gates on it? So I pick him up, clean the pillow and put him back in the box. Not five minuets later he was back on the pillow! So I said "this it it, He's going to have to be outside!" [​IMG]
    So I stuck him in the coop.
    Today, when I went to check on food water the usual, and let them out to free range, and went back inside.
    THERE HE WAS.
    IN MY ROOM.
    ON THE PILLOW.
    Looking ever so happy.
    So I made him a little "diaper" with scrap fabric, and some pins. And Here he is beside me on that darn pillow. And he's walking over the bed, looking for somewhere else to sit. He has moved on my Husky stuffed animal from Alaska now. Huuhh. I think We have a house rooster now. [​IMG] I'll have to post pictures once my camera charges up.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  2. The Lisser

The Lisser Chillin' With My Peeps

TOO FUNNY!!! [​IMG]

Can't wait for the photos [​IMG]

Melissa

3. TurkeyMountainChickens

TurkeyMountainChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2009
    Central Virginia
    He, He. [​IMG]

We NEED pictures of him on your pillow! I've got to see this. [​IMG]

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I second the motion for photos!

5. dedicateddourly

dedicateddourly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2008
    Fallbrook, CA
    That's too cute. My sweetest chick might be a boy, and if so, he may have to be a house roo because I know I can't give him up.

And yes, please post pics.

6. Kimchi

Apr 10, 2010
    Utah
    ugh Finally I can post some pictures!
    Sorry if they are bad quality. [​IMG] I really don't have the best camera. . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    It's so funny, He did this right when I said that the pillow was pink! [​IMG]

Sigh. He refuses to go out in the heat. And slept under my arm all last night. I think He's going to be here for a while! :0 [​IMG]

7. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

OMGosh! That's just too funny! And darn it if he doesn't look perfectly natural and at home on that big pink pillow! But if he starts singing egg song in a couple of weeks, you might want to change the color of that pillow!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Kimchi

Apr 10, 2010
    Utah
    Oh I know! He's so strange, he loves it sit, rather then prance his stuff off, Claimed a nest box, and doesn't let the other two hen sit in it. And He crows at lunch time and Around six o-clock rather then in the morning. [​IMG]
    Such A strange little guy![​IMG]

9. wannabe_goatmom

wannabe_goatmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Wellington KY
    He is absolutely ADORABLE!

10. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Oh My Goodness! That made my day!!! LOL Ha Ha Ha! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    That is the funniest story I've ever heard!!!! [​IMG]