oh dear

duck walk

Songster
10 Years
Jun 13, 2009
white springs, fl
I set 20 duck eggs in the 'bator and then, 6 ducks went broody on nests they were hiding here and there...2 ducks on one nest hiding behind the old chicken nest boxes in a corner in the chicken house...and are they working together to defend their shared nest...I get sworn at or get the snot whacked out of me if I get too close...the girls are Khakis and are not real big but they have momma grizzly attitudes...long story short, I have around 37 or so newly hatched ducklings...there are still a few more eggs unhatched under the 2 little Khaki/grizzlies...holy crap...what to do with all the ducklings? They are very pretty and some are going to have stunning markings as poppa was a traveling Ancona drake...some a pure Pekins...some are Khaki/Swedish mixes...there is no such thing as a ugly duckling...

gig.gif

Thirty seven?
gig.gif

Wow!!!!!

Got feed?
ya.gif

thanks you guys and I do think Craigslist will be hearing from me...got feed, yep, for now...they do eat like perfect hoglets them first few weeks tho as the growth rate is like crazy...

Be sure to be careful who you sell them to on Craigslist. I know from experience that not all people are the best duck owners.
sad.png

I know Bock...I hate to let them go at all...around here they are not dinner...they are big babies...they follow me around and talk about me all day, always wondering what the crazy human is doing and when and if she is bringing peas or crickets or some form of greens...I love their antics and perpetual chatter...

Back
Top Bottom